Next round of preorders?
I'd like to get a few of the PBP for friends and familiy, as I'm slowly converting people to Linux.

Any word on when the next round of orders will be going through?
One thing to remember is that early releases of new products generally have issues.
We have seen 2 so far, and they have not even been delivered. (Both solved.) Hopefully
any new ones will be purely software on the Pinebook Pro.

However, I'd suggest buying just one to begin with, for your self.

Even with the long lead time. If you try and convert your friends and family to Linux on
ARM, without a stable and usable platform, (both hardware and software), they will complain.

For me, I have done kernel device drivers and low level software debugging. So I can, if
the need arrises, help fix any issues I run across. But I would not want to support my family
or friends with that same level. They should wait until the platform is proven stable. Or simply
buy x86/x64 laptops with Linux.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
Fair enough.

Any thoughts on when there might be another round of orders? I can't find any references.
(10-03-2019, 09:46 AM)ikidd Wrote: Fair enough.

Any thoughts on when there might be another round of orders?  I can't find any references.

The few references I have seen are mid-October for the next orders. Even then, those would be deliveried perhaps in mid-November.

Due to un-expected issues, the first batch was delayed perhaps 2 weeks. Just to hit a China week long holiday, Oct. 1st - Oct. 7th. This is someways slowed down all the follow on batches. Annoying, but Pinebook Pro is not a normal, everyday laptop. So, while I am annoyed, I can live through it. (I've been in computer hardware development before, seeing delays and post build changes...)
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
TLLIM  just stated a few hours ago,  next order session  will open 'Late October'
     (Hope that is helpful)
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-04-2019, 01:02 AM)bcnaz Wrote: TLLIM  just stated a few hours ago,  next order session  will open 'Late October'
     (Hope that is helpful)

Thanks for the update!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Public preorders are now open! fire219 9 11,312 08-30-2019, 10:50 PM
Last Post: iMav
  A notice about too-early preorders... fire219 0 2,603 07-25-2019, 08:31 AM
Last Post: fire219