A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details
Thanks for the heads-up.

I didn't receive an email yet,so i guess I'm in the second batch...
Hello FBI,
I am not an actual hacker.
@Luke Did everyone in the first batch got such a notice by now?

I was in the first batch, wanted to have some accessories added and sales told me that it's best to cancel my order and go through a new order. I was told that my new order will be manually put into the first batch, again.

I did not get any notice and now I worry that I'm not in the first batch, anymore.
You guys are always so transparent and clear. Appreciate the update and consistently professional approach.
Do we have a timeline on when the second batch will ship out?
Leonora Tindall | https:///nora.codes
Pinebook 1080p / Pinebook Pro / Pinephone UBPorts CE
The initial post on this thread is the latest so far. And it is now going on three days since the e-mail that told the the first batch group it would be "2-5" days until dispatch of the first batch...So, in time I guess... :-)
The first batch will go out on Monday. Sorry once again for the delays (this time related to something else). We figured, we rather have you frustrated now but happy in the end than rushing it out the door. I'll make another apology and explain stuff in detail in upcoming update.

Also, the October batch will likely be slightly delayed because of this - but with all kinks caught in the first batch, this delay should be relatively minor - 7-10 days.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(09-29-2019, 05:08 PM)Luke Wrote: The first batch will go out on Monday. Sorry once again for the delays (this time related to something else). We figured, we rather have you frustrated now but happy in the end than rushing it out the door. I'll make another apology and explain stuff in detail in upcoming update.

Also, the October batch will likely be slightly delayed because of this - but with all kinks caught in the first batch, this delay should be relatively minor - 7-10 days.

Thank You Luke!!
Having worked in Quality Assurance, it is frustrating to tell folks there are delays due to problems. I, for one, am glad you waited.
All in all, this is a truly great project and I'm glad to have been a part of it.
Looking forward to participating in the PineBook Pro adventure!!
Best Regards, Rick :-)
(09-29-2019, 05:08 PM)Luke Wrote: Also, the October batch will likely be slightly delayed because of this - but with all kinks caught in the first batch, this delay should be relatively minor - 7-10 days.

Thank you so much for the updates, Luke. I'm currently waiting on two pre-ordered products, the Pinebook Pro and the F(x)tec Pro¹. I ordered them around the same time, and so far they've both been delayed, but PINE64 has consistently kept me updated on my $200 purchase, while F(x)tec has not, despite having three times as much of my money. You're doing the right thing, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I appreciate it.

When you say 7 to 10 days, does that mean post-Monday, so they'll be shipping out between the 8th and 11th?
Leonora Tindall | https:///nora.codes
Pinebook 1080p / Pinebook Pro / Pinephone UBPorts CE
Just to make you guys jealous: my pinebook pro got already picked up by DHL.
(09-29-2019, 09:53 PM)Der Geist der Maschine Wrote: Just to make you guys jealous: my pinebook pro got already picked up by DHL.

Congratulations!!
Actually, I'm really happy to hear!! It must mean that the rest of the first hundred can't be far behind :-)!!!

But now I have a question: Does this mean they are "trickling out" for dispatch? I'm carefully (trying) not to anticipate here...However at the time if this writing, it's past 5pm in China.....Maybe a little more delay for some of us? :-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Screen refresh delay with kernel errors shawnanastasio 31 37,758 04-27-2021, 02:57 AM
Last Post: james64
  No shipping options available pre-ordering PBP? ramsey 2 3,094 04-04-2021, 05:16 PM
Last Post: ramsey
  Help! Pinebook Pro Shipping Dimensions jamesmustain 2 3,961 12-14-2020, 08:18 PM
Last Post: tllim
  For Sale, ANSI 64GB, shipping to US rossk 0 2,045 08-25-2020, 07:33 AM
Last Post: rossk
  trouble with shipping methods harakirisekaini 0 1,894 08-21-2020, 08:17 AM
Last Post: harakirisekaini
  PBP running shipping Manjaro won't wake from suspend fornio 2 4,382 07-21-2020, 07:04 AM
Last Post: vancheese
  Shipping time and cost estimates request janat08 1 3,047 05-16-2020, 01:03 PM
Last Post: janat08
  Looking to sell PBP ISO 128 eMMC for $150 + shipping luchtcm 1 3,463 05-11-2020, 07:19 AM
Last Post: luchtcm
  Shipping and virus concerns nabeel 3 4,732 03-21-2020, 02:34 PM
Last Post: craftkiller
  Is it possible to use another shipping method? rekesz 5 7,395 01-28-2020, 03:21 PM
Last Post: rekesz