PineTime smartwatch - a Linux Phone companion
(10-25-2019, 09:20 AM)przemko Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 09:04 AM)fire219 Wrote: Moved thread to the PineTime subforum, since we have that now. Smile

(10-24-2019, 01:19 PM)przemko Wrote: I have a question. I asked in other topic but I can ask one more time ; p
Will there be separate version without wifi and bluetooth hardware for
Electromagnetic Frequency Sensitive people?

Probably not.

That's not good. Really not good : (
People should consider those things and turn to other alternatives like
LIFI - Wifi transmitted by light signal (LED bulbs)
Audio Network - Like chirp.io

Its much better and without harmful effects Smile

So maybe, at least will you have way to turn off completely wifi and bt ?

RF is not any more dangerous than light transmission. They're both forms of electromagnetic radiation, and both are low enough energy to not be able to cause ionizing damage to organic substances. The only way either of them is dangerous is if they are so intense that they literally start heating up your body. A WiFi or Bluetooth device is several orders of magnitude too low energy to do that. The Sun also causes far more EM radiation (even in the radio/microwave wavelengths) on Earth than all of humanity's electronic creations combined.

That being said, there probably will be a way to turn off Bluetooth on the PineTime. (It does not have WiFi.)
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

I won't feed the troll here, but standing outside bareskin should be way more dangerous than eating a turned on WiFi Access point.

Also why the heck an electrosensible dude would buy a smartwatch?

This bullshit looks like a scam, and i don't see how it could be a serious subject anyway. If the goal is to advertise some beliefs, i don't think it's the right place neither.

** i made some quick researches, and a bit of OSINT, all those links and barnum bias are big fat cables for selling alternative therapy and books about anti-scientific communities ***
I'm mad, and i have a plan.
There are effects that are non-thermal known since a while in literature. An example: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29884549
Since I support this project and I'm curious I will of course buy at least one PineTime watch, but I won't wear it regulary. It' just too ugly. It might be a good idea to start with a very cheap device to get the movement started but the next version should be more luxurious. I think there is a demand for 200 to 300 € or USD smart watches.
(10-15-2019, 05:40 AM)DrYak Wrote: Thinking about two medical/health applications of such cheap device:
The PineTime smartwatch could be used to both display current graph/readings on the screen, and relay the data over bluetooth to some larger device (usually done with a smartphone or raspberry pi), all this for less than 50$.

Currently, this needs to be done either with expensive NFC-to-Bluetooth relays that don't even have a screen, or by frankensteining a Sony Smartwatch with a special firmware patch (has all the features, including screen... but isn't in production any more and is difficult to fetch on ebay).
An NFC-enabled PineTime would have as much feature as both (screen, plus nfc-to-bluetooth) while costing a faction of either.

Well of course, that's as long as NFC functionality can be crammed into PineTime without going over-board with final price...

- Does somebody know if the currently announced accelerometer (Bosh BMA421) can be used as a hard fall detector ? That another useful health application of the device.
(In case of fall, if the hearth monitor is still reading pulse (i.e.: still attached to hand) but nobody press "cancel" on the screen (i.e.: owner incapacitated or wounded) -> send alert over Bluetooth, asking the phone to send emergency SMS or other request for help)

^^^^^^ This is what I want this watch to do. I want a pared down medical alert system. I want no subscription cost. This is for the community that is on a set income.

My needs are for a low vision person who cannot dial the phone number properly on a good day.

I want a fairly fool-proof way of mashing a button, that sends a signal (wifi/BT) to a base station (SBC or PinePhone), that signals an app to send a predetermined SMS text message to a predetermined phone number. "Jane/John Doe has activated their ALERT system and would like you to check on her/him." I don't want to use the 9-11 system, mainly due to lack of two way communication. And it may not always be that severe of a need.

Reliability of the switch (no false positives on the switch) and reliable connection to the base unit from common areas of the home would be important.

I am not so much concerned with heartbeat, blood pressure, or anything like that. I just want the elderly to be able to call a friend or loved one easily and reliably send a text, in case of a fall, or maybe just for "groceries are needed" or "meds are needed" to the target phone number.
(09-09-2020, 09:52 AM)WarpLover Wrote: Reliability of the switch (no false positives on the switch) and reliable connection to the base unit from common areas of the home would be important.

I am not so much concerned with heartbeat, blood pressure, or anything like that. I just want the elderly to be able to call a friend or loved one easily and reliably send a text, in case of a fall, or maybe just for "groceries are needed" or "meds are needed" to the target phone number.

I think a model or OS build with similar functions as stated purpose would be cool, but I wouldn't advise PINE to market a device with that purpose so much as to make it easy for someone to develop feature functionality.

When you start building and designing emergency mitigation devices, you run into a whole mountain of regulation and liability in most developed nations, probably in most nations on the whole. Either one are likely to cost far more than PINE has available.

OTOH, a device with a reliable, stable and configurable "call home" feature and that has a few simple preconfigured dialogue options that one might configure on, say, a Pinephone or similar to text to a configurable recipient could be very helpful to some people.
------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTime at FOSDEM jmlich 5 625 02-07-2024, 11:48 PM
Last Post: tllim
  PineTime turns off when removed from cradle tynstar 0 183 01-31-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tynstar
  PineTime and Amazfish on Ubuntu Touch jmlich 1 645 10-14-2023, 04:12 PM
Last Post: tllim
  PineTime is dead!! Markdanni123 12 13,505 09-18-2023, 10:17 PM
Last Post: ccchan234
  PineTime Sleep Tracking any_mouse 12 12,015 07-10-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: davidair
  PineTime Dead out of box? henkery 1 1,152 03-12-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: henkery
  Pinetime almost dead... only shows Infinitime logo. lightweight 8 6,511 02-11-2023, 09:30 AM
Last Post: alexmitroff
  PineTime beginner MV1791 2 2,089 01-09-2023, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Canyonless
  Struggling to detect Pinetime over bluetooth John45595 0 1,121 11-20-2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: John45595
  PineTime Dev Kit for sale igor.bljahhin 2 3,132 10-19-2022, 05:34 AM
Last Post: peatord