R77-12371.7.104
(11-06-2019, 02:59 PM)elewarr Wrote: @tophneal, previously I tried sid release with core target (so command line only). And just for quick test I tried to install xfce target, xenial release, but it doesn't work for me.

Are other facets of the Linux install still useable? I didn't dig too deeply when I installed it, as every source insisted startxfce4 was all we'd ever want to run.
I installed core target using sid release: crouton -t core -r sid
(of course any other release could be used)

Then apt can be used to install stuff. I don't plan to use X apps other than what's already delivered with Chromium OS but I wanted to have access to clang/gcc/autotools/etc (strictly command line).

It's my first attempt to use Chromium OS and 1h ago I didn't even know what crouton is, I may have very limited requirements for now. Wink
(11-06-2019, 03:18 PM)elewarr Wrote: I installed core target using sid release: crouton -t core -r sid
(of course any other release could be used)

Then apt can be used to install stuff. I don't plan to use X apps other than what's already delivered with Chromium OS but I wanted to have access to clang/gcc/autotools/etc (strictly command line).

It's my first attempt to use Chromium OS and 1h ago I didn't even know what crouton is, I may have very limited requirements for now. Wink

Haha! I'll give it another spin later tonight, see what can be done without using XFCE. I can relate to the Crouton knowledge level. I tried investigating it more when I found it initially, but most pages were just short guides that ended with startxfce4 and had no real substance. 

I would love to try using Crouton to add a Debian/Ubuntu base system, and hopefully use the mrfixit uboot fix script to get SD back to booting before eMMC (where applicable.)
(10-30-2019, 03:25 PM)Luke Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 02:59 AM)Wizzard Wrote: Any guide how to enable Play Store?

Pretty sure ayufan said it won't work on chromium os. The linux vm does work however.

Sorry to raise this thread from the dead, but I can't seem to let this go lately.

Luke, did you get the Linux VM to install during your testing of this image?
(11-25-2019, 12:56 PM)tophneal Wrote:

Pretty sure ayufan said it won't work on chromium os. The linux vm does work however.

Sorry to raise this thread from the dead, but I can't seem to let this go lately.

No I didn't. But actually I believe that @ayufan  said that its Android apps that won't work, but Linux VM probably should (?).
Ping him in IRC / DIscord?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(11-25-2019, 01:28 PM)Luke Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 12:56 PM)tophneal Wrote:

No I didn't. But actually I believe that @ayufan  said that its Android apps that won't work, but Linux VM probably should (?).
Ping him in IRC / DIscord?

Ok, thanks. I'll see if I can get onto the IRC this evening and bug him about it.
(11-06-2019, 07:17 AM)tophneal Wrote: Same. Chromium is installed to eMMC, and Linux Tools install fails ¾ of the way through. Is there a command to try from crosh/shell? I'd be interested to see what the problem is that installation is encountering.

I have the same problem--I can see the Linux Tools option in the menu, but it won't open.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation DONT INSTALL TO EMMC R77-12371.7.104.g78f88d6 VERSION YET! erchache2000 11 15,122 08-14-2020, 11:38 PM
Last Post: shoichimiyake