DSI mainline branches
Hi,

I've been working on DSI to use my panel with the Sopine but I wanted a mainline kernel.

I've used the patches from the amarula fork (this) and rebased them on latest stable/rc versions, plus a few fixes. These are supposed to go upstream at some point.

[Image: image0.jpg]

You can find the 5.2.x code here

Let me know if that works with other panels.
(08-28-2019, 11:07 AM)fpoussin Wrote: Hi,

I've been working on DSI to use my panel with the Sopine but I wanted a mainline kernel.

I've used the patches from the amarula fork (this) and rebased them on latest stable/rc versions, plus a few fixes. These are supposed to go upstream at some point.

Glad to know that you got your panel works with SOPine. For DSI mainline discussion, you can approach Jagan on the Sunxi IRC.
(08-28-2019, 11:07 AM)fpoussin Wrote: Hi,

THANK YOU!!!!!

I have been trying for a few weeks to figure out how to use the LCD with mainline kernel. I got pretty close but not quite, and now it is working after I copied your device tree changes into sun50i-a64-pine64-plus.dts. (using your a64-dsi-5.3 branch.
Hello,

are there any images containing this patch or at least detailed instructions how to compile the mainline kernel with it ? I am not very experienced in terms of compiling own kernel. So far, the most detailed instructions I found were Build custom kernel for pine64,  but these are from 2016.
Hi,

There are no images using this kernel to my knowledge, you can build it with buildroot by using the pine64 default config then selecting a custom kernel using my repo's url.

DSI is in mainline since 5.6, so you should be able to make it work with a standard kernel now.
Hi @fpoussin

I'm trying to make the official lcd work on a pine64+ with armbian and the 5.6 kernel. Can I ask you an help?

I've found out that the dtbo shipped with that version doesn't have dsi enabled, so I've made an overlay and I've enabled it, but the screen still doesn't power up.
Am I missing something? Does I need to set something else in the Boot.cmd/scr?
I've analyzed what was done in the old <3.10 kernel version where the pine64_lcd=on was working and there was many parameter set in the device tree, like the lcd_used or the lcd_backlight, the lcd_if an many more.
Does I need to set some of that to make it work?
Maybe I'm on the wrong path and I'm missing something other...

(You can find more information here: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/8392-pin...ne/page/3/)

Thanks
Cheers Mix