PBP benchmarks
All tests ran on default Debian installation in default configuration, which also means ondemand governor.

If you want me to run Phoronix or linpack (already installed them) then you need to paste the syntax for me - I don't know the software and have no time currently to spend on figuring it out.

Sysbench (wouldn't trust the single core numbers - not sure which core this ran on A72 or A53)

Code:
rock@Debian-Desktop:~$ sysbench --test=cpu --cpu-max-prime=20000 --num-threads=6 run
sysbench 0.4.12:  multi-threaded system evaluation benchmark

Running the test with following options:
Number of threads: 6

Doing CPU performance benchmark

Threads started!
Done.

Maximum prime number checked in CPU test: 20000

Test execution summary:
   total time:                          47.0833s
   total number of events:              10000
   total time taken by event execution: 282.4334
   per-request statistics:
        min:                                 19.93ms
        avg:                                 28.24ms
        max:                                265.76ms
        approx.  95 percentile:              34.53ms

Threads fairness:
   events (avg/stddev):           1666.6667/355.49
   execution time (avg/stddev):   47.0722/0.01

rock@Debian-Desktop:~$ sysbench --test=cpu --cpu-max-prime=20000 run
sysbench 0.4.12:  multi-threaded system evaluation benchmark

Running the test with following options:
Number of threads: 1

Doing CPU performance benchmark

Threads started!
Done.

Maximum prime number checked in CPU test: 20000

Test execution summary:
   total time:                          200.1575s
   total number of events:              10000
   total time taken by event execution: 200.1514
   per-request statistics:
        min:                                 19.93ms
        avg:                                 20.02ms
        max:                                 99.60ms
        approx.  95 percentile:              19.99ms

Threads fairness:
   events (avg/stddev):           10000.0000/0.00
   execution time (avg/stddev):   200.1514/0.00

rock@Debian-Desktop:~$
Octane
[Image: LaG5f6C.png]

Browserbench Firefox and Chromium

[Image: 8nArE3K.png]
[Image: Ba1klcn.png]
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Thanks for posting Luke! I ran a quick Octane 2.0 test on my phone (an LG V30 with Snapdragon 835) using Opera Browser and got 11297. I got 31.4 on Speedometer 2.0. The scores you posted were not that far off from a 2 year old flagship phone, which isn't too bad considering the price of the PBP. I'll be interested to see how the Pro performs under daily use scenarios when I get mine in October.
(08-29-2019, 03:12 PM)GLSRacer Wrote: Thanks for posting Luke! I ran a quick Octane 2.0 test on my phone (an LG V30 with Snapdragon 835) using Opera Browser and got 11297.  I got 31.4 on Speedometer 2.0. The scores you posted were not that far off from a 2 year old flagship phone, which isn't too bad considering the price of the PBP.  I'll be interested to see how the Pro performs under daily use scenarios when I get mine in October.

@ayufan got similar scores to your phone in Ubuntu Mate running Chromium.
The funny thing is, to me Firefox seems smoother than Chromium despite the lower Speedometer 2.0 score.
I wouldn't put too weight on these benchmarks and the scores.

Interesting, that's good to hear. And yeah, most of these browser benches are so finicky about the browser that I don't focus too much on where the scores land. Chome on Android seems to be faster than Opera but I don't like it as much.
(08-29-2019, 04:37 PM)GLSRacer Wrote: Interesting, that's good to hear. And yeah, most of these browser benches are so finicky about the browser that I don't focus too much on where the scores land. Chome on Android seems to be faster than Opera but I don't like it as much.

I'm pretty sure that if I were to run the tests in Chrome OS the scores would be much higher too. Anyways, much will change in terms of performance over the devices lifespan - we'll likely see mainline OS images soon that will bring both improvements and challenges. Plenty of fun awaits.

Anybody already tried Geekbench in Android?
Tried Geekbench from apkmirror in Android 7.1 yesterday, but it crashed just at the end of the test. Tried that twice.
In my Pinebookpro, Synaptic Package manager, I find the package Hardinfo 0.5.1+git20180227-1.
At the bottom it contains 8 benchmarks.
5 CPU, 2 FTU and 1 GPU.
Maybe worth while?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineBook Pro benchmarks zxorg 9 11,153 06-13-2020, 01:28 PM
Last Post: xmixahlx