USB-C dock
@mspohr, No, sorry. At present I don't have any suggestions on docking station.

I'm going to live with external devices, like the barrel charger, USB keyboard, USB to Gigabit Ethernet and USB-C alternate mode to DisplayPort.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
Funny thing about the multiple-in-once :

The one we have at work, by LMP :

- either I get charging.
- or I get HDMI + Ethernet

USB-A 3.0 doesn't seem to work.

Charge and display+ethernet dont' seem to work simultaneously.
First verified USB-C hub with working HDMI, Ethernet, and extra USB-A 3.0 ports will be a nice milestone.

Hopefully there will be multiple choices including from the Pine store eventually.

List of verified working individual dongles would be useful as well.
I tried 3 different ones that I have and have no luck of getting all working, charging in all but no video and no LAN ... I think I just go into waiting pattern to SW to catch up, no big deal. I knew where I was jumping, and I have to say I love the HW and SW is getting better by the day. Great stuff!
I have a Cablecc dock (ethernet, usb, hdmi, sdcard). Everything is working out of the box except ethernet. It is a realtek ethernet chip (8152) which is detected but eth0 is not displayed in the network manager. It seems that it needs an updated driver.
It does not work at all in the default debian but is working well (except ethernet) on Ubuntu.
(11-14-2019, 03:43 PM)tgrauss Wrote: I have a Cablecc dock (ethernet, usb, hdmi, sdcard). Everything is working out of the box except ethernet. It is a realtek ethernet chip (8152) which is detected but eth0 is not displayed in the network manager. It seems that it needs an updated driver.
It does not work at all in the default debian but is working well (except ethernet) on Ubuntu.
------------------------------------------------------
Very encouraging! Found a Cablecc hub which may or not be the same one.

See:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cablecc-Etherne...ics&sr=1-3

Pricey but might be worth it to many if fully functional including the Ethernet.

Looking forward to more confirmed working multi-function (HDMI, Ethernet, USB 3.0 ports, SD Card with charging) USB-C hubs.
I picked up this Startech USB-C dock: dual Displayport, USB 3.0, Gigabit Ethernet, and 100W power delivery (way more than the PBP needs, of course, but powers my partner's high-end Dell machine with ease)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JZHVKFJ/

I'm running the default Debian install (updated) on my PBP, and I have two basic VGA 22" widescreen 1080p monitors connected via simple DP > VGA cables.

I can't verify that the ethernet or usb 3.0 works as I haven't used either of those yet, but I can say that it charges and displays on both monitors just fine. However, the two monitors act as one secondary monitor (they are mirrored) with the PBP screen as primary. Not sure at this point if it's a limitation on the PBP's ability to drive three 1080p monitors, compatibility with the dock (it is billed as Mac/Windows, but that never explicitly means it won't work with Linux), or if moving to Ubuntu-Mate will help (as seems to help with a variety of things).
Mine is this one:
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07BGSR...UTF8&psc=1
It is not working in the default Debian install, but on Ubuntu:
HDMI OK
USB OK
SD card OK
Ethernet Not OK. It is seen using dmesg but eth0 does not show up. The nic chip is supposed to be supported though. Maybe in a later kernel version...

Also, if I connect the dock usb-c power input to a charger, the PBP screen will switch from high brighness to low brighness (my default when not connected to a power source) and back all of the time. No problem if connecting the charger directly to the usb-c port.
Very strange.
There are five different ones on sale right now:

https://slickdeals.net/f/13550662-anker-...=frontpage

I think I'm gonna grab the one that's $20.
Latest update fixed the USB-C hub HDMI so it works now. USB ports don't work.
QGeeM from Amazon

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine Dock Networking Issue trillobite 1 182 02-10-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: trillobite
  Pinebook Pro Dock - cannot connect to monitor Dominik 4 3,291 06-12-2022, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Rosbeefandino
  Getting the dock to work. wove 2 4,024 12-27-2020, 09:27 AM
Last Post: wove
  Pinebook Pro Dock Power Requirements calinb 9 11,889 12-16-2020, 09:24 AM
Last Post: dsimic
  Pinephone dock with Pinebook Pro? karlnicholas 2 4,792 09-21-2020, 05:11 PM
Last Post: karlnicholas
  USB-C hub/dock/video Corkonian 2 4,665 11-02-2019, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Corkonian