Play Shadow PC on PineBook Pro
Obviously no one has it yet so we wont know for a while. Is there a chance this software might work? Looks like they either support Android or Ubuntu OS. 

https://shadow.tech/usen/applications
(07-26-2019, 10:30 PM)BeauS Wrote: Obviously no one has it yet so we wont know for a while. Is there a chance this software might work? Looks like they either support Android or Ubuntu OS. 

https://shadow.tech/usen/applications

With Android, probably will just work. 

For Linux, it will be much trickier and less likely. That program only seems to be compiled for x86 PCs, which the PBP is not. QEMU user mode emulation might work.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

There are other ways to stream PC games to the Pinebook Pro. Its possible to use Limewire (or whatever the software is called - works with Nvidia cards) and that will works perfectly fine *

* granted you'r AC network is stable, good etc., etc.,
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(07-28-2019, 04:34 PM)Luke Wrote: There are other ways to stream PC games to the Pinebook Pro. Its possible to use Limewire (or whatever the software is called - works with Nvidia cards) and that will works perfectly fine *

Moonlight is the software. I remember trying to get it to run on MrFixIt's desktop image on the rockpro64, but it not working. It had something to do with it not finding a good X11 configuration for Moonlight to display. That was a while ago, so it may not still be valid. I'm really hoping I can get Moonlight to work with the PBP.

Limewire is an entirely different software, also used for streaming, but of an entirely different kind Smile
(07-31-2019, 07:52 AM)tblindba Wrote:
(07-28-2019, 04:34 PM)Luke Wrote: There are other ways to stream PC games to the Pinebook Pro. Its possible to use Limewire (or whatever the software is called - works with Nvidia cards) and that will works perfectly fine *

Moonlight is the software. I remember trying to get it to run on MrFixIt's desktop image on the rockpro64, but it not working. It had something to do with it not finding a good X11 configuration for Moonlight to display. That was a while ago, so it may not still be valid. I'm really hoping I can get Moonlight to work with the PBP.

Limewire is an entirely different software, also used for streaming, but of an entirely different kind Smile

Look here - Recalbox in Docker on PBP.  Recalbox has moonlight installed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHAeEj05JqI&t=1s
Granted
There will surely be dedicated RetroArena builds too - which include moonlight iirc - and RA has a desktop, so its well suited for a laptop.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(07-31-2019, 08:53 AM)Luke Wrote:
(07-31-2019, 07:52 AM)tblindba Wrote:

Look here - Recalbox in Docker on PBP.  Recalbox has moonlight installed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHAeEj05JqI&t=1s
Granted
There will surely be dedicated RetroArena builds too - which include moonlight iirc - and RA has a desktop, so its well suited for a laptop.

Thanks Luke, I'll definitely be doing this!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 1,918 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 305 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 240 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 231 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 168 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 558 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 623 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,242 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 2,001 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 59,170 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: wdt