[NOTICE] "No shipping methods available"
EDIT: After talking with the sales team, this issue is probably fixed. If you still encounter it, please PM me with details (including your country) so I can relay it on.

Original post:

Hey everybody! The first set of coupons just went out to users -- check your emails if you were really early.  Wink

There's one main issue early buyers have discovered: Getting a message on the store along the lines of "There are no shipping methods available..."

If you get this message, remove any accessories you have in your shopping cart. The issue is caused by the shipping limitations on devices with lithium batteries. You can order these accessories separately without issue.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

(07-25-2019, 06:30 PM)fire219 Wrote: Hey everybody! The first set of coupons just went out to users -- check your emails if you were really early.  Wink

There's one main issue early buyers have discovered: Getting a message on the store along the lines of "There are no shipping methods available..."

If you get this message, remove any accessories you have in your shopping cart. The issue is caused by the shipping limitations on devices with lithium batteries. You can order these accessories separately without issue.

Will the shipments be able to be combined anyway, to save costs of shipping?  For example, it kinda sucks to pay an extra 9 USD in shipping for a 7 USD NVME adapter.
(07-25-2019, 07:34 PM)binarian Wrote:
(07-25-2019, 06:30 PM)fire219 Wrote: Hey everybody! The first set of coupons just went out to users -- check your emails if you were really early.  Wink

Will the shipments be able to be combined anyway, to save costs of shipping?  For example, it kinda sucks to pay an extra 9 USD in shipping for a 7 USD NVME adapter.

You might be able to contact the sales team (sales@pine64.org) in regards to that.
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

(07-25-2019, 07:45 PM)fire219 Wrote:
(07-25-2019, 07:34 PM)binarian Wrote:

You might be able to contact the sales team (sales@pine64.org) in regards to that.
Will do, thank you!
Is it possible to tell if the PBP NVME adapter will be compatible with the PineTab ? If so I might order two.

Another option maybe to offer a PBP combo at $206 which includes the NVME adapter already installed.
(07-25-2019, 08:58 PM)AnotherHacker Wrote: Is it possible to tell if the PBP NVME adapter will be compatible with the PineTab ? If so I might order two.

Another option maybe to offer a PBP combo at $206 which includes the NVME adapter already installed.

The adapter is not compatible with the PineTab, and it is impossible for it to be. The Allwinner A64 SoC does not have any PCIe lanes.

Additionally, I got word from the sales team that it should be possible to everyone to be able to order PBP + M.2 adapter in the same order now.

(07-25-2019, 06:30 PM)fire219 Wrote: EDIT: After talking with the sales team, this issue is probably fixed. If you still encounter it, please PM me with details (including your country) so I can relay it on.

Original post:

Hey everybody! The first set of coupons just went out to users -- check your emails if you were really early.  Wink

First off, Happy System Administrator Appreciation Day Big Grin

Thank you for posting that.  It is a bit confusing since the order link in the email takes you to a page without the M2 adapter.  (If I recall it only showed the PBP and a few eMMC's.)  So to order the adapter you have to go the Store page and scroll down to "Pinebook" then add it to your cart.  While I was there I added one of those MicroSD cards.  I needed another one anyway, and the Pine branded adapter just looks cool.  Unfortunately, my order was not going through, and I couldn't figure out why until I saw this post.
(I still don't understand how something that only weighs a few grams would make a difference Huh )

My order went through with just the PBP and M2 adapter.  So you can order the PBP and M2 adapter at the same time, but apparently not anything else.
So is it just the M.2 adapter which is a special exception that can be shipped alongside the PBP? When I have my coupon I was hoping to get the pinebook serial console as well.
(07-27-2019, 08:16 AM)Thra11 Wrote: So is it just the M.2 adapter which is a special exception that can be shipped alongside the PBP? When I have my coupon I was hoping to get the pinebook serial console as well.

I'll admit that I do not know, but I'd be interested to find out if someone tried it.

(07-27-2019, 09:13 AM)fire219 Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 08:16 AM)Thra11 Wrote: So is it just the M.2 adapter which is a special exception that can be shipped alongside the PBP? When I have my coupon I was hoping to get the pinebook serial console as well.

I'll admit that I do not know, but I'd be interested to find out if someone tried it.

Obviously I don't have a coupon code yet, so I don't know for certain if it works, but I just tried adding the Pinebook Pro, M.2 adaptor, and Pinebook Serial Console to the cart, and it seems to be happy, offering "Pinebook DHL Shipping: $39.00" to my address, so hopefully the issue is resolved (It would be slightly inconvenient to have to pay a minimum $11.99 extra to ship the accessories in a separate package.)

I'd be interested to learn the details behind the restrictions. Is it just that shipping a package with a lithium battery in it is more expensive, so any additional heavy items will incur an unnecessary cost per weight? Or does putting more things in the package just make the paperwork more complicated?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No shipping options available pre-ordering PBP? ramsey 2 3,094 04-04-2021, 05:16 PM
Last Post: ramsey
  Help! Pinebook Pro Shipping Dimensions jamesmustain 2 3,961 12-14-2020, 08:18 PM
Last Post: tllim
  For Sale, ANSI 64GB, shipping to US rossk 0 2,045 08-25-2020, 07:33 AM
Last Post: rossk
  trouble with shipping methods harakirisekaini 0 1,894 08-21-2020, 08:17 AM
Last Post: harakirisekaini
  PBP running shipping Manjaro won't wake from suspend fornio 2 4,382 07-21-2020, 07:04 AM
Last Post: vancheese
  Shipping time and cost estimates request janat08 1 3,047 05-16-2020, 01:03 PM
Last Post: janat08
  Looking to sell PBP ISO 128 eMMC for $150 + shipping luchtcm 1 3,463 05-11-2020, 07:19 AM
Last Post: luchtcm
  Shipping and virus concerns nabeel 3 4,732 03-21-2020, 02:34 PM
Last Post: craftkiller
  Is it possible to use another shipping method? rekesz 5 7,395 01-28-2020, 03:21 PM
Last Post: rekesz
  A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details Luke 221 221,077 01-20-2020, 09:50 PM
Last Post: greysuite