Andoid issues
Have looked in the forum, and did not see a similar issue.

I have a 1gb and 2gb board- both exhibit the same behavior. Have tried both Android builds  21060303 and 20160216. Have imaged both with windisk imager and the Phoenix utility, rebuilding multiple times. In each case the result is the same:
- Android loads
- Android recognizes keyboard and mouse input
- Android recognizes Ethernet input (one thing I see is time updated automatically)

Buy as soon as I attempt to launch an app or take any action, the screen goes black. No way to get it back except for rebooting.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?

I am stumped at this point

Thanks.
(04-25-2016, 09:23 PM)waterboy Wrote: Have looked in the forum, and did not see a similar issue.

I have a 1gb and 2gb board- both exhibit the same behavior. Have tried both Android builds  21060303 and 20160216. Have imaged both with windisk imager and the Phoenix utility, rebuilding multiple times. In each case the result is the same:
- Android loads
- Android recognizes Ethernet input (one thing I see is time updated automatically)

Buy as soon as I attempt to launch an app or take any action, the screen goes black. No way to get it back except for rebooting.

Thanks.

I suggest you to change power supply.
My board turns off randomly with 700mA Blackberry charger. Now it works fine with 2Amps charger from Xiaomi.
(04-26-2016, 01:11 AM)AA666 Wrote:
(04-25-2016, 09:23 PM)waterboy Wrote: Have looked in the forum, and did not see a similar issue.

- Android loads

Thanks.

I suggest you to change power supply.
My board turns off randomly with 700mA Blackberry charger. Now it works fine with 2Amps charger from Xiaomi.

Thank you for the suggestion. I purchased and have been using the POE enabled power supply. I have also tried using a a 2amp power supply- same result.
Also it can be SD card issue. I got black_screen_of_death once on PlayStore, when tried to use old class 6 card. After switching to UHS-1 no more BSODs.
(04-26-2016, 11:00 AM)AA666 Wrote: Also it can be SD card issue. I got black_screen_of_death once on PlayStore, when tried to use old class 6 card. After switching to UHS-1 no more BSODs.

This one does not seem to easy. Have worked all the hardware variables.
- 4 different SD cards- SanDisk, Samsung and , Patriot.
- Sizes: 8,16,32gb.
- Two different Pine 64 boards; 1gb and 2gb.
- Two different displays.
- Pine supplied POE power adapter
- 2.5 amp power adapter

Have also tried on the three most recent Android images.

But always the same result. Android launches to the home screen, everything looks fine until I try to take any action in the interface then a black screen.

Guess I will try a Linux image next.

ughhh.
(04-26-2016, 06:10 PM)waterboy Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 11:00 AM)AA666 Wrote: Also it can be SD card issue. I got black_screen_of_death once on PlayStore, when tried to use old class 6 card. After switching to UHS-1 no more BSODs.

This one does not seem to easy. Have worked all the hardware variables.
- 4 different SD cards- SanDisk, Samsung and , Patriot.
- Sizes: 8,16,32gb.
- Two different Pine 64 boards; 1gb and 2gb.
- Two different displays.
- Pine supplied POE power adapter
- 2.5 amp power adapter

Have also tried on the three most recent Android images.

But always the same result. Android launches to the home screen, everything looks fine until I try to take any action in the interface then a black screen.

Guess I will try a Linux image next.

ughhh.

Have you tried booting without the Ethernet cable plugged in? That seems to have caused issues for some people.
(04-26-2016, 11:17 PM)Seag Wrote: Have you tried booting without the Ethernet cable plugged in? That seems to have caused issues for some people.

Issue resolved though. finally changed the last remaining variable - the display. 

I was attaching my devices to a display capable of 1080p, but through an analog port using an HDMI adapter. When I connected to an HDMI display, no adapters, the issue went away. 

Odd to me that Android would boot to the home screen and then only fail when launching an app. Would expect that to be all or nothing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with SD Card and Running Android Twistedx 0 3,495 02-26-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Twistedx
  Youtube TV experience/ screen resolution issues gubaguba 0 1,944 02-22-2018, 09:12 AM
Last Post: gubaguba
  Battery Issues - Nothing Else Works mesaxi 3 4,541 07-25-2017, 06:53 PM
Last Post: mesaxi
  Android Issues; 4K, Ethernet, Plex kikootwo 6 7,539 07-10-2016, 12:23 AM
Last Post: yusijs
  App compatibility issues with pine64 Boring 3 4,642 07-06-2016, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Tarjei85