FreeBSD support
Really looking forward to seeing and using the Pinebook Pro!
I'm keen on getting FreeBSD running on it and wonder if anyone know which state it is atm?
Is there anything at all booting?

Plenty of experience from porting embedded Linux as well as Android, so thought it would be fun to dive into the BSD pool as well.
(07-24-2019, 01:11 AM)pastra Wrote: Really looking forward to seeing and using the Pinebook Pro!
I'm keen on getting FreeBSD running on it and wonder if anyone know which state it is atm?

This was addressed to some extent in the July update (scroll down for the update on the *BSDs):
https://www.pine64.org/2019/07/05/july-u...ebook-pro/
(07-24-2019, 04:07 AM)danielt Wrote:
(07-24-2019, 01:11 AM)pastra Wrote: Really looking forward to seeing and using the Pinebook Pro!

This was addressed to some extent in the July update (scroll down for the update on the *BSDs):
https://www.pine64.org/2019/07/05/july-u...ebook-pro/

I also have experiences on linux portage on embedded devices.
I hope I will be able to help on FreeBSD port 
The pre order will open in 4h, be ready !!
Look like I'm not eligible.
Let's wait for next batch Smile
@danielt: Yes, I saw that. I just wanted to know if anyone seen any other progress anywhere? I'll dive in to FreeBSD's phabricator and see if I can find out anything more than just reading the git history.

I managed to get one in the first batch so hopefully I can start playing with that in a couple of weeks. Smile
(07-27-2019, 03:38 PM)pastra Wrote: @danielt: Yes, I saw that. I just wanted to know if anyone seen any other progress anywhere? I'll dive in to FreeBSD's phabricator and see if I can find out anything more than just reading the git history.

I managed to get one in the first batch so hopefully I can start playing with that in a couple of weeks. Smile

Great news  Smile
(07-27-2019, 03:38 PM)pastra Wrote: @danielt: Yes, I saw that. I just wanted to know if anyone seen any other progress anywhere? I'll dive in to FreeBSD's phabricator and see if I can find out anything more than just reading the git history.

Nice to hear - keep us posted...
I didn't make it to the 1'st batch, so it looks like I'll have to wait 2 months for the PBP.
Which unfortunately means it won't arrive before EUROBSDCON in Lillehammer (mid September).

Have any of you plans to visit any BSD-conference?
Great places to meet like-minded people and during lounge-hacking in the evening form small groups to solve problems or create new features ie. for the PBP Smile