What is the PWM frequency of the panel brightness controller?
I have already written all the details in the „Tick Tock goes the clock“ thread in the news forum, so I‘ll go with the short version here. If you need more information, links or whatever, feel free to ask. 
At the time of the July update, I already asked Lukasz for this, who gave me a very detailed specsheet of the IPS panel from BOE used (6 bit colours, 800:1 contrast ratio, 250 nits (cd/m2) brightness, so do not expect anything amazing that will blow you away) on IRC. However, it stated that the PWM frequency could be anything between 200 and 10000 Hz (so anything from terrible to amazing), and reviews of laptops with the same panel showed that it was indeed not dependent on the panel, but rather on the laptop, with devices between 200 and 1000 Hz (the latter one being still suboptimal). All this lead me to the conclusion that the brightness controller is not fixed to the panel and depends on the device manufacturer, in this case Pine64. That means that there should be some hardware engineer (or so) who knows whether it is an analog (which I wouldn‘t mind) or PWM (which I also wouldn‘t mind, if the frequency is high enough) brightness controller, and, if it is the latter one, at which frequency it operates (or who is at least able to find out). If you are such a person, I would be thankful if you could answer my question. I suppose this is a better subforum than where I originally asked.
Currently, it is configured to 1.3kHZ, but this is something that can be tuned.
Homepage: https://ayufan.eu

Releases:
Rock/Pro 64/Pinebook Pro: LinuxChromium OS
So/Pine A64/Pinebook: LinuxAndroid 6.0Android 7.1

Buy me a Beer
That's a bit of good news, thank you.

Is the frequency the same over the whole brightness range, or is it eg lower at lower brightness?
I guess that this is the frequency, and you change the pulse width with different brightness levels.
Homepage: https://ayufan.eu

Releases:
Rock/Pro 64/Pinebook Pro: LinuxChromium OS
So/Pine A64/Pinebook: LinuxAndroid 6.0Android 7.1

Buy me a Beer
(07-23-2019, 02:21 AM)ayufan Wrote: Currently, it is configured to 1.3kHZ, but this is something that can be tuned.
That’s not too bad, thank you. How can it be tuned? By the user, e.g. through software? Or is it only factory adjustable? If it is the former, what is the max frequency one can select? According to a Notebookcheck article I once read, most problems should vanish above 500 Hz, and some can still occur up to 2,5-3 Khz (although I am not sure if I actually suffer that much from PWM flickering to have these problems as well).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to replace LCD panel? plumlis 14 15,952 02-11-2021, 09:27 AM
Last Post: ab1jx
  LCD panel shifted after delevery mbruchert 2 3,527 11-13-2020, 06:50 PM
Last Post: member
  Low brightness (defect?) brandhout 4 6,003 06-19-2020, 03:54 PM
Last Post: brandhout
  Is a new NVMe-Controller already being shipped? stefan.schumacher 10 10,813 03-06-2020, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Kaythe