The Pinebook Pro Preorder System!
@dumetrulo

Quote:I wouldn't have minded paying a tenner more if that meant the company had a bit of profit, thus motivation to work even better and faster!

Trust me, that's not the motivation - read this
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

As of today, I'm still waiting for my coupon...
And I'm sure it didn't end-up in my spam folder, I white listed all addresses coming from the pine64.org domain.

After the fail of the first pre-order registration (I got removed because I registered too early), I re-registered a 2nd time and received the confirmation on August 16th. Then nothing.

I personally feel this pre-order system was poorly managed honestly.
I was up and ready to be in the first batch and then I encountered the password glitch and ended up in the second batch. Stuff happens but Pine has tried their best. 200 USD is really cheap for what they're offering so I'm content to wait a while longer if required. Hopefully they get the coupon issue sorted out for you.
 REgarding the November 05 2019 pre-order batch :

Will there be any differences  ?
Keyboard options
Operating system
Booting options

Less than a week away, curious :  Is this still the planned opening date for this batch and any changes  ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-31-2019, 09:36 PM)bcnaz Wrote: *
 REgarding the November 05 2019 pre-order batch :

Will there be any differences  ?
Keyboard options
Operating system
Booting options

Less than a week away, curious :  Is this still the planned opening date for this batch and any changes  ?

This batch will have ISO and ANSI keyboards available. ISO models will be built and shipped first, but only by a couple weeks at most. OS to my knowledge will stay exactly the same, as will the hardware.

The preorder open date will not change, as there are no real world variables which could affect it.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

Thank you
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
This upcoming batch is large also because its the last production run until AFTER Chinese New Year. So, no new PBPs for 3 months because of Xmas, then Chinese New year, and then issues resulting from Chinese new year.

(11-01-2019, 10:30 AM)Luke Wrote: This upcoming batch is large also because its the last production run until AFTER Chinese New Year. So, no new PBPs for 3 months because of Xmas, then Chinese New year, and then issues resulting from Chinese new year.

Any idea how long the order window for the next one will stay open or is it until they're all sold kind of thing? I'm waiting on a bonus to possibly get one for my son.
(11-01-2019, 11:11 AM)odinson Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 10:30 AM)Luke Wrote: This upcoming batch is large also because its the last production run until AFTER Chinese New Year. So, no new PBPs for 3 months because of Xmas, then Chinese New year, and then issues resulting from Chinese new year.

Any idea how long the order window for the next one will stay open or is it until they're all sold kind of thing? I'm waiting on a bonus to possibly get one for my son.

It will be open for as long supply lasts ... the demand is great, but it won't be gone in a few hours or even a day. Or so I think.

(11-01-2019, 10:30 AM)Luke Wrote: ...and then issues resulting from Chinese new year.

Which are ? Massive nationwide hangover ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 1,905 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 300 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 238 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 227 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 167 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 554 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 618 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,222 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,998 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 59,123 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: wdt