The Pinebook Pro Preorder System!
(11-01-2019, 10:30 AM)Luke Wrote: This upcoming batch is large also because its the last production run until AFTER Chinese New Year. So, no new PBPs for 3 months because of Xmas, then Chinese New year, and then issues resulting from Chinese new year.

Any idea how long the order window for the next one will stay open or is it until they're all sold kind of thing? I'm waiting on a bonus to possibly get one for my son.
(11-01-2019, 11:11 AM)odinson Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 10:30 AM)Luke Wrote: This upcoming batch is large also because its the last production run until AFTER Chinese New Year. So, no new PBPs for 3 months because of Xmas, then Chinese New year, and then issues resulting from Chinese new year.

Any idea how long the order window for the next one will stay open or is it until they're all sold kind of thing? I'm waiting on a bonus to possibly get one for my son.

It will be open for as long supply lasts ... the demand is great, but it won't be gone in a few hours or even a day. Or so I think.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(11-01-2019, 10:30 AM)Luke Wrote: ...and then issues resulting from Chinese new year.

Which are ? Massive nationwide hangover ?
(11-01-2019, 01:54 PM)Kochise Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 10:30 AM)Luke Wrote: ...and then issues resulting from Chinese new year.

Something like that. 1/3 of working force not returning to their positions, new people need to be trained....
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(11-01-2019, 02:04 PM)Luke Wrote:

Something like that. 1/3 of working force not returning to their positions, new people need to be trained....

Those folks know how to party. Damn.
(11-01-2019, 07:32 PM)odinson Wrote:

Not sure if it's the same in China but in Taiwan bonuses are given right before Chinese New Year so people usually wait for that period before quitting their jobs.

(10-22-2019, 05:30 AM)koenigs Wrote: As of today, I'm still waiting for my coupon...
And I'm sure it didn't end-up in my spam folder, I white listed all addresses coming from the pine64.org domain.

After the fail of the first pre-order registration (I got removed because I registered too early), I re-registered a 2nd time and received the confirmation on August 16th. Then nothing.

I personally feel this pre-order system was poorly managed honestly.

Well, now I lost any hope of ever getting my coupon code.
Very disappointed how things went.
I was very excited by the pinebook pro a year ago, but I completely lost this feeling  Sad
(12-05-2019, 12:47 AM)koenigs Wrote:

Not sure if it's the same in China but in Taiwan bonuses are given right before Chinese New Year so people usually wait for that period before quitting their jobs.

(10-22-2019, 05:30 AM)koenigs Wrote: As of today, I'm still waiting for my coupon...
And I'm sure it didn't end-up in my spam folder, I white listed all addresses coming from the pine64.org domain.

After the fail of the first pre-order registration (I got removed because I registered too early), I re-registered a 2nd time and received the confirmation on August 16th. Then nothing.

I was very excited by the pinebook pro a year ago, but I completely lost this feeling  Sad

It certainly had its issues, but you shouldn't need a coupon to place an order now. Both ISO and ANSI versions are freely available in the store. I just added one to a cart and got all the way to checkout.
(12-05-2019, 07:35 AM)tophneal Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 12:47 AM)koenigs Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 01:54 PM)Kochise Wrote: Which are ? Massive nationwide hangover ?

It certainly had its issues, but you shouldn't need a coupon to place an order now. Both ISO and ANSI versions are freely available in the store. I just added one to a cart and got all the way to checkout.

Sure I can order without the coupon, that's what I just did actually because I really need a backup laptop.

Just disappointed for the eMMC upgrade because now I'd need to pay an extra $67 (minimum) for the 128GB Module plus an eMMC adapter to be able to transfer the OS on it...
ORDER FROM NOVEMBER: ADVICE?

Hello, I ordered my ANSI PineBook Pro from the USA on November 9th.
I received a transaction notification from PayPal, verifying payment of US $254.99 to Syabas Technology Hong Kong, Limited, but have no subsequent order notification or acknowledgement by Pine.

Later, I separately ordered several accessories, like the NMVe adaptor, etc., and received prompt notice of order placement, and shipping notification, etc.

Is this normal? How do I assure that my PBP order is correctly received by Pine, and that I have prioritization in delivery queue for early November?

Any and all advice and assistance is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks!
— Jeremiah Cornelius
"Be the first person not to do some­thing, that no one has thought of not doing before’’
— Brian Eno, "Oblique Strategies"
(12-28-2019, 04:01 PM)Jeremiah Cornelius Wrote: ORDER FROM NOVEMBER: ADVICE?

Hello, I ordered my ANSI PineBook Pro from the USA on November 9th.
I received a transaction notification from PayPal, verifying payment of US $254.99 to Syabas Technology Hong Kong, Limited, but have no subsequent order notification or acknowledgement by Pine.

Later, I separately ordered several accessories, like the NMVe adaptor, etc., and received prompt notice of order placement, and shipping notification, etc.

Is this normal? How do I assure that my PBP order is correctly received by Pine, and that I have prioritization in delivery queue for early November?

Any and all advice and assistance is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks!

When I ordered mine, (ANSI, December 3rd), I got the paypal receipt and an separate email from sales@pine64.org with my order number.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ISO/UK Pinebook Pro for sale mstevens 4 201 30 minutes ago
Last Post: mstevens
  Testing Some More Games on the Pinebook Pro! ImmyChan 3 165 Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Last Post: poVoq
  Looking to buy a Pinebook Pro US Stucht13 11 936 09-11-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: drinkmorejava
  Pinebook Pro (ISO) for sale from Germany to Europe and UK 1yk0s 1 359 09-08-2021, 10:55 AM
Last Post: cypresstwist
Star Looking to buy a Pinebook Pro in Europe cypresstwist 0 106 09-04-2021, 02:02 PM
Last Post: cypresstwist
  pinebook pro dock display out mamboman777 1 281 08-27-2021, 06:09 AM
Last Post: bikerlatt1
  Pinebook Pro Stopped Charging via USB-C MickTheGeek 4 300 08-25-2021, 02:51 PM
Last Post: MickTheGeek
  Pinebook Pro (ISO) for sale - UK Sootstone 2 404 08-24-2021, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Sootstone
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 0 110 08-24-2021, 08:53 AM
Last Post: duanduan
  Pinebook Pro ISO for sale (Spain) e-minguez 6 811 08-24-2021, 07:53 AM
Last Post: e-minguez