Red and White Lights On
Hello all,

My RockPro64 isn't behaving nicely. I first started with openmediavault, arm64, 0.8.3. It took a few times but it finally booted and I commenced to configure. It was okay but the network speed was no more than 6mbs. I tried troubleshooting the problem to no avail. One day, I discovered the server was down. I thought I should try some other options before I got too involved with this iso. So...

I've tried the latest versions of Debian Stretch, Debian by mrfixit2001, OpenMediaVault and Slackware, armhf and arm64, and with pretty much the same results but now - both red and white lights on. I can't seem to fix the red light problem but the slackware and openmediavault, armhf versions, did boot up okay but I did not go through setting them up because on the red light. 

Is there a way to reset that red light or is my board dying?
It's normal when the red light is on. That's not a problem.
Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language

1. Quartz64 Model B, 4GB RAM

2. Quartz64 Model A, 4GB RAM

3. RockPro64 v2.1

https://linux-nerds.org/
SBC: RockPro64 V2.1 4Gb

I would recommend trying the latest version of DietPi.
https://dietpi.com/

This OS has been the most stable I've used on the RKP64.

CONS:
1-- Synaptic package manager mysteriously breaks.
2-- NoMachine locks up the system daily.

Both issues were reported on the DietPi forum.

/Faradn
Bullet64: Thank you for the clarification. My inexperience with SBCs has become obvious. Smile

Faradn: I tried them but went with the Armbian Debian Stretch minimal 5.90. It's been a pretty smooth experience. Thanks for the head's up regarding DietPI!

FPBJ

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  no boot white led flashing moserwi 7 4,109 05-18-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: wdt
  RockPro64 has no white led, nor will it boot past... AnjinMeili 2 1,902 05-31-2022, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Rocklobster
  After power loss, boot never gets to white LED josepht 6 9,995 02-07-2019, 10:29 AM
Last Post: josepht