Red LED blink on boot
I had this board humming along for a good long while, and forgot about it for awhile.  Now whenever I apply power, I get a quick red LED blink once a second, with no other feedback.

The board is stenciled:

A64-DB-2G-Rev B
2016-02-25

I've searched and not found any report of a red LED blinking on boot, only solid red LED.

Can anyone tell me if it's a board failure, corrupted microSD, failed PSU, anything else?

Your experience and help is very much appreciated!

watou
(06-04-2019, 11:36 AM)watou Wrote: I had this board humming along for a good long while, and forgot about it for awhile.  Now whenever I apply power, I get a quick red LED blink once a second, with no other feedback.
A64-DB-2G-Rev B
2016-02-25
Can anyone tell me if it's a board failure, corrupted microSD, failed PSU, anything else?

To answer my own question, I found another power supply and was able to get the board going again, so without being 100% scientific about it, it looks like the power supply failed.  Not being certain of the condition of the microSD card, I then replaced that as well.  Hope this helps someone in the future!

watou
(06-06-2019, 10:35 PM)watou Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 11:36 AM)watou Wrote: I had this board humming along for a good long while, and forgot about it for awhile.  Now whenever I apply power, I get a quick red LED blink once a second, with no other feedback.
A64-DB-2G-Rev B
2016-02-25

To answer my own question, I found another power supply and was able to get the board going again, so without being 100% scientific about it, it looks like the power supply failed.  Not being certain of the condition of the microSD card, I then replaced that as well.  Hope this helps someone in the future!

watou

Glad that you have discovered is power supply issue. I just plan to respond back the blink cause by power supply enter and release from self-protection mode.
(06-06-2019, 11:29 PM)tllim Wrote: Glad that you have discovered is power supply issue. I just plan to respond back the blink cause by power supply enter and release from self-protection mode.

Great information! Thank you for confirming that that PSU is definitely e-waste. Very happy to have the PINE64 running happily again.

watou

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Occasionally won't boot amc2012 9 13,958 07-05-2019, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Maddie
  Board will not boot/does not work major7 2 4,117 09-03-2016, 02:53 AM
Last Post: major7
  Cannot get PINE64 boards to boot andymelton 13 16,714 07-06-2016, 09:20 AM
Last Post: montero65