The Retro Arena Public BETA is out!

.png   RA.png (Size: 368.53 KB / Downloads: 560)

The Retro Arena Open BETA - a custom tailored port of RetroPie - is now available for the RockPro64.
Remember that this is a beta software, which means some things may not work correctly; please report issues on The Retro Arena's GitHub.

Download Here
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Thanks. I'm looking forward to trying this later.
(06-02-2019, 05:13 AM)Luke Wrote: The Retro Arena Open BETA - a custom tailored port of RetroPie - is now available for the RockPro64.
Remember that this is a beta software, which means some things may not work correctly; please report issues on The Retro Arena's GitHub.

Download Here

Looks like required password.
(06-07-2019, 12:30 AM)tllim Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 05:13 AM)Luke Wrote: The Retro Arena Open BETA - a custom tailored port of RetroPie - is now available for the RockPro64.

Download Here

I let them know.

(06-07-2019, 01:57 AM)Luke Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 12:30 AM)tllim Wrote:

Download Here

I let them know.

Yeah, it says right on their site.

Quote:***** Join either our Facebook group or our Discord for the password to access the download links for the image.

(Download passwords on Discord are directly available on the #Announcements channel in the pinned posts. Facebook group has an Announcement with the password also)

NOTE: This as a temporary measure until we can enable CAPTCHA properly.
I downloaded the pre-made image but it would not boot on my emmc for some reason.

Instead I just installed the new Debian desktop image and then installed the RetroArena-Setup script from their github.

One minor issue is that I'm not able to get emulationstation to autostart, even with disabling the desktop mode. I'll probably find some way around that though with a little effort.

The important thing for me is that it can run more systems, like Amiga, Saturn, N64 and Dremcast so I can excuse a few glitches.
(06-17-2019, 09:02 AM)Pitcrawler Wrote: I downloaded the pre-made image but it would not boot on my emmc for some reason.

Instead I just installed the new Debian desktop image and then installed the RetroArena-Setup script from their github.

One minor issue is that I'm not able to get emulationstation to autostart, even with disabling the desktop mode. I'll probably find some way around that though with a little effort.

The important thing for me is that it can run more systems, like Amiga, Saturn, N64 and Dremcast so I can excuse a few glitches.

I imagine you're also not getting all of the custom tweaks using that scirpt...

(06-17-2019, 09:10 AM)Luke Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 09:02 AM)Pitcrawler Wrote: I downloaded the pre-made image but it would not boot on my emmc for some reason.

I imagine you're also not getting all of the custom tweaks using that scirpt...

I'll give the image another try, maybe try a micro SD card.

EDIT: I got it to install ok on a 16GB micro SD card. I'm using my 64GB emmc card to store the roms by making a symlink. It's actually quite convenient that way because now I don't have to re-copy the roms if I reinstall or update RetroArena.
Added The Retro Arena Open (0.0.8 BETA) to RockPro64 Wiki
Hi!

There's a new version 3.1.5 available: https://theretroarena.com/downloads/

I'm testing it to check what works and what not Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RETRO GAMING BATOCERA LINUX + ROSHAMBO CASE - Tutoriel Fr TheMiniCakeTV 0 2,976 07-02-2020, 12:45 PM
Last Post: TheMiniCakeTV
Big Grin RETRO GAMING: UPDATED RECALBOX FOR THE RK3399 ROCKPRO64 Mrfixit2001 38 55,936 03-29-2020, 05:37 AM
Last Post: Crnppscls
  RETRO-GAMING: ANNOUNCING BETA RELEASE OF RECALBOX FOR THE ROCKPRO64 Mrfixit2001 28 28,961 02-22-2019, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Luke
  LibreELEC Beta image (04/01/2019) Luke 0 2,096 01-10-2019, 08:05 AM
Last Post: Luke