At what point do you give up and ask for a refund or another board
Tried every single os, different micro sd cards, cdmi cables, tv's, power supplies and still have a board that power up, has no display, no boot.

I even left it overnight on numerous occasions, left it for a few hours on others.  I am fully at the end of my tether with a board that simply will not boot!

the current card is a 32GB card plugged into an LG tv using a power supply that works well with a raspberry pi.  I am beginning to get annoyed but am holding back as being an engineer means having patient with new tech but I must say, even the pi has never given me this much grief!

I am on the verge of simply buying a pi 3 and sticking to that as I know it works.  If I said I was truly disappointed, it would the the understatement of the year so far!
do you have a usb to ttl-serial adapter? I've seen reference to hooking one up to see the bootload output, that might give some clues.

also, if you boot a linux OS do the ethernet light periodically blink? is so, that means it's working and it just doesn't like your TV. lots of people are having that problem.
Try verifying your SD card here: https://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/2008/...mment-9861

Even though you've tried different cards, they still might not be good for the Pine64. After you verify the cards,and it still doesn't work, please make a video of you burning the image onto the SD card, then putting it into your Pine64 and not booting. That would be the final point where you could return it if there's video of your process.

Sorry about your issues with the Pine64. I hope we can help you resolve them.
If I've helped you with something, please leave a rating for my responses.
My board truly is broken (SDRAM errors on serial console). I sent a message to their support email, and got an email back a few days later saying they'd send me a new board and investigate the problem.

If you exhaust all the possible issues with power supply or SD card, I would send an email their way.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

Good to know, i think the last resort for everyone with issues would be getting the serial console -> USB adapter and seeing what the problem is. Thanks for letting us know.
thanks for all your help guys! I have left rating where appropriate. It turns out the SD cards I was using was the issue. Finally made it and not on to the next chapter of shaping things up!
(05-02-2016, 08:32 AM)mr pink Wrote: thanks for all your help guys!  I have left rating where appropriate. It turns out the SD cards I was using was the issue.  Finally made it and not on to the next chapter of shaping things up!

Great to hear you got it going!
(05-02-2016, 08:50 AM)pine.tree Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 08:32 AM)mr pink Wrote: It turns out the SD cards I was using was the issue.

Great to hear you got it going!

And it would be even more great if Pine64 users would start to accept that issue N°2 is a real issue responsible for a certain amount of 'nothing works' threads here: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=514

And that testing SD cards instead of believing they would be ok ('I only buy genuine cards!') is not luxury but necessary.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SOQUARTZ Compute module W does not fit Raspberry Pi CM4 dev board ihab 0 1,483 10-06-2022, 08:46 PM
Last Post: ihab
  Install OS on RAID1 thanks to dual SATA board? Thatoo 12 15,165 05-15-2019, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Thatoo
  My first Single Board! jjh221 4 6,621 04-09-2018, 06:52 PM
Last Post: jjh221
  sopine cluster board install Smurfbot 1 4,316 03-31-2018, 04:09 AM
Last Post: pfeerick
  What is the format that one should use for imaging SD cards on APINE64+2GB Board? Doryan 1 3,453 03-05-2018, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Which board to use? Dayve 0 2,246 02-18-2018, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Dayve
  Kodi on Rock64 board cenguix 2 8,755 02-02-2018, 03:05 PM
Last Post: stuartiannaylor
  What are these pins on PIN board? dims 1 3,191 01-15-2018, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Luke
  What is on the Micro SC card that came with the board? clawinus 1 3,624 11-03-2016, 02:33 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Power Switch for Pine64 512MB Board MonarchOfLight 0 2,501 10-24-2016, 04:33 PM
Last Post: MonarchOfLight