Rp64 my new gaming station?
Hello everyone Big Grin

So stadia announcement is out, if everything falls down as Google expects  as it probably will, even if it takes time, my power hungry gaming pc would pretty much become obsolete, just around to play some present titles that eventually will become obsolete. Should I be selling it asap?

Under that stadium I would only need a 4k streaming capable device to play online and connect to my TV, ideally it would also be low power. I think my rp64 is just the device I would be looking for. Development on Linux is starting to become enjoyable and in the future could just right about be all I need even as a desktop.

I'm curios to read what might your thoughts be, understand lag fears as well as the portion of ppl that modify their games for cheats etc but can we really fight the future, is this sbc the future of gaming next to stadia, low power consumption 4k experience gaming? Am I just dreaming, is this posible? Should I be exited? Will rp64 be part of this future?
(03-20-2019, 09:24 PM)NightCrawler504 Wrote: Hello everyone Big Grin

So stadia announcement is out, if everything falls down as Google expects  as it probably will, even if it takes time, my power hungry gaming pc would pretty much become obsolete, just around to play some present titles that eventually will become obsolete. Should I be selling it asap?

Under that stadium I would only need a 4k streaming capable device to play online and connect to my TV, ideally it would also be low power. I think my rp64 is just the device I would be looking for. Development on Linux is starting to become enjoyable and in the future could just right about be all I need even as a desktop.

I'm curios to read what might your thoughts be, understand lag fears as well as the portion of ppl that modify their games for cheats etc but can we really fight the future, is this sbc the future of gaming next to stadia, low power consumption 4k experience gaming? Am I just dreaming, is this posible? Should I be exited? Will rp64 be part of this future?

I likes the idea. ROCKPro64 currently already good as a retro games player and can couple stadia heading into near future.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Max Resolution Supported by RP64? hoarfrosty 3 794 10-24-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: wdt
  Flashed SPI, able to ping RP64 but not boot from sdcard/usb korefuji 2 2,717 08-26-2021, 11:41 AM
Last Post: LMM
  control RP64 power on LMM 0 1,831 04-15-2021, 02:59 AM
Last Post: LMM
  OpenGL/ES on RP64 Wizzard 3 5,279 09-16-2020, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Wizzard
  RP64 Mounting hole dimensions Wallaby 2 3,891 09-08-2019, 02:46 AM
Last Post: Wallaby