Feature Complete Debian Desktop Release
Since installing a new filesystem does not work, I ask @Mrfixit2001 to include, please, at least the following in the kernel:

- UDF for DVD
  - HFS + for Apple,
@Mrfixit2001

Another way to avoid the problem of filesystems that don't work is to offer a kernel variant WITH "BIG KERNEL LOCK"

Thanks for the attention. And above all, thank you for your much appreciated work.
New major realease is now up. Same image as that which ships with the Pinebook Pro: https://github.com/mrfixit2001/debian_de...tag/190715
@pineadmin please update in installer Smile
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(07-20-2019, 03:58 AM)Luke Wrote: New major realease is now up. Same image as that which ships with the Pinebook Pro: https://github.com/mrfixit2001/debian_de...tag/190715

Great news, I'll be checking it out now...
(07-20-2019, 03:58 AM)Luke Wrote: New major realease is now up. Same image as that which ships with the Pinebook Pro: https://github.com/mrfixit2001/debian_de...tag/190715

Great news!
Will DL now.

(...Hope networking [eth] is fixed...)

/Faradn
First of all, thanks! Indeed, this is quite feature-complete release! I had none problems with all packages I needed to build some Qt5 applications. I had a feeling I'm compiling for amd64 architecture, not for arm Smile. None nasty problems with packages! All libraries I needed I was able to install by aptitude or was able to compile from sources with minor efforts.
-=-
About new feature of disabling inactive cores. I noticed that htop is unable to detect disabled cores if they was inactive during htop start. And if all  cores was active at htop start it shows all six. But the bars of CPU core load are displaying incorrectly. The cores in shut down are displaying the same load value as last active core.  Like this:
.png   Screenshot at 2019-08-04 22-12-00.png (Size: 34.77 KB / Downloads: 336) .
Currently I need to watch CPU cores loading to become familiar with some software behavior. I will be interested with better power saving finally. But now I'd prefer to disable CPU cores shutdown. Is there a possibility to disable inactive core shutdown then enable it back when needed?

Thank you!
(08-04-2019, 04:26 PM)Nikolay_Po Wrote: -=The cores in shut down are displaying the same load value as last active core.  Like this: .
Currently I need to watch CPU cores loading to become familiar with some software behavior. I will be interested with better power saving finally. But now I'd prefer to disable CPU cores shutdown. Is there a possibility to disable inactive core shutdown then enable it back when needed?

Not sure if this helps: 
Found a statement in July update for pinebook pro:
Quote:Lastly, I think its worth noting that you can also turn individual cores on and off manually from the userspace for cores cpu0-5 (exchange value for X), which comes in handy if all you’re doing is terminal work or taking notes in class: echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/online. This applies to all current Linux builds. 
This does not work, as HIMA does not care about offline/online flag. The only way is disabling hima completely (I think it was `/sys/kernel/hima_hotplug/hima-active`).

As for the results: when I was testing it, if this is something that would be useful to include in my images I noticed that this does not reduce power consumption,
or the change is very small.
Homepage: https://ayufan.eu

Releases:
Rock/Pro 64/Pinebook Pro: LinuxChromium OS
So/Pine A64/Pinebook: LinuxAndroid 6.0Android 7.1

Buy me a Beer

I thought I remembered Luke saying in a YouTube video that the Pine book Pro operating system was able to automatically control how many cores and at the speed as it needed ?
When used with the default/shipping operating system..

LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-08-2019, 03:02 PM)bcnaz Wrote: **********************

I thought I remembered  Luke  saying in a YouTube  video that the Pine book Pro  operating system was able to automatically control how many cores and at the speed as it needed  ?
  When used with the default/shipping operating system..

Yes, this was rolled back because, as @ayufan pointed out, it didn't preserve that much power but did have a negative impact on performance.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vanilla mainline Debian 11 (Bullseye) on the RockPro64 Pete Tandy 22 16,835 08-16-2023, 01:34 AM
Last Post: varac
  How do I enable Pine touchdisplay as display on Debian? Thisone 0 515 04-23-2023, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Thisone
  Is some u-boot required on the SPI for installing debian with the official installer? callegar 1 1,284 10-25-2022, 10:07 AM
Last Post: ratzzupaltuff
  Armbian 22.02 Release Announcement TRS-80 0 1,111 02-28-2022, 05:08 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Install Mali 400 Drivers for Debian 11 on RockPro64 MaverickPi 2 2,321 02-19-2022, 06:44 AM
Last Post: sigmaris
  Debian image configured for USB-C OTG? djonathan 2 2,489 01-06-2022, 03:09 AM
Last Post: susy1075
Bug Unreliable display in Armbian and Debian ksattic 3 3,070 11-17-2021, 05:42 AM
Last Post: PakoSt
  Debian Bullseye & RockPro64: No tty consoles? Pete Tandy 9 7,313 11-08-2021, 02:33 PM
  HBA Card working on Aufan's builds but not in debian, armbian or dietpi charsi 1 1,822 10-29-2021, 11:15 AM
  Two Questions About Debian on RockPro64 publiclewdness 0 1,273 09-30-2021, 11:54 AM
Last Post: publiclewdness