Feature Complete Debian Desktop Release
(03-16-2019, 08:06 AM)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: Hmm it appears to already be included in the kernel, but not as a module:
CONFIG_NETWORK_FILESYSTEMS=y
CONFIG_NFS_FS=y
CONFIG_NFS_V2=y
CONFIG_NFS_V3=y
CONFIG_NFS_V3_ACL=y
CONFIG_NFS_V4=y
CONFIG_NFS_SWAP=y

Full config output here: https://pastebin.com/FKzRTrWX
A few additions since that post, including cifs, aufs, and some additional networking netfilter drivers. 
Also - the kernel source is on my GitHub if you want to compile from source.

After a lot of research why NFS server is not working, I think I may have found the reason...

NFS is meant for client and NFSD is meant for server, and as per your kernel config: # CONFIG_NFSD is not set
Checked the kernel config via command: zcat /proc/config.gz | grep NFSD

Now as a noob I am still trying to understand how to recompile a kernel and to change that config, but if you could look into that on your free time I would very much appreciate it.

Keep up the great work, and thank you!
(03-16-2019, 10:11 PM)ziibii88 Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 08:06 AM)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: Hmm it appears to already be included in the kernel, but not as a module:
CONFIG_NETWORK_FILESYSTEMS=y
CONFIG_NFS_FS=y
CONFIG_NFS_V2=y
CONFIG_NFS_V3=y
CONFIG_NFS_V3_ACL=y
CONFIG_NFS_V4=y
CONFIG_NFS_SWAP=y

Full config output here: https://pastebin.com/FKzRTrWX
A few additions since that post, including cifs, aufs, and some additional networking netfilter drivers. 
Also - the kernel source is on my GitHub if you want to compile from source.

After a lot of research why NFS server is not working, I think I may have found the reason...

NFS is meant for client and NFSD is meant for server, and as per your kernel config: # CONFIG_NFSD is not set
Checked the kernel config via command: zcat /proc/config.gz | grep NFSD

Now as a noob I am still trying to understand how to recompile a kernel and to change that config, but if you could look into that on your free time I would very much appreciate it.

Keep up the great work, and thank you!

Shouldn't this just work:
Code:
sudo apt install -y nfs-kernel-server

Then just install nfs-common ? 

Perhaps I don't understand your question and problem fully...

Whats wrong with smb ?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(03-15-2019, 03:09 PM) pid=\44923' Wrote:Parrot SEC distro..  i've started to Migrate the other build to parrotsec.. [url=https://github.com/ayufan-rock64][/url]ayufan-rock64  (https://github.com/ParrotSec/alternate-install)

however being able to use MRFIXIT's  upgrades via repo ie apt-get would also be a nicety 

If you have a ppa/repo please.. i'd love to migrate w/o having to reimage card. or dump > package back to deb.  
i'd like to just add the sido LCD driver screen etc fixes.. 

PS a parrot sec build for security/pentesting might be a plus as well ..  

have any links to apt repo i'd thank you. 
Absolutely awesome work! This is without doubt the best performing and looking desktop available.
Thanks for all your hard work making this possible.
One problem - 
I have the PCIe m.2 adapter with a 250GB WD Black nvme ssd attached.
When I log in as root everything is working beautifully. Desktop is smooth and access to PCIe ssd works as expected. But....
When I try to log in as "rock" everything freezes and I have to restart the rockpro64.
This seems to be the same issue I have had with all other distro desktop installs I have tried except they won't boot even as root.
For now I am very happy just to be able to use as root.
(03-16-2019, 02:43 AM)Luke Wrote:
Code:
dowload from: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc

Tag: 18.0rc4-Leia

1.: Download the proper ffmpeg to the corresponding subdir in source tree
2.: Add to cmakelists the ffmpeg compile options --enable-version3 --enable-libdrm --enable-rkmpp

Compiled with the following command line:

cmake -lpthread -DFFMPEG_URL=tools/depends/target/ffmpeg/4.0.3-Leia-Beta5.tar.gz -DENABLE_X11=OFF -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FFMPEG=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FLATBUFFERS=OFF -DENABLE_VAAPI=OFF -DENABLE_VDPAU=OFF -DENABLE_OPENGLES=ON -DCORE_PLATFORM_NAME=gbm -DGBM_RENDER_SYSTEM=gles -DENABLE_OPENGL=OFF -DCPACK_GENERATOR=DEB -DDEBIAN_PACKAGE_VERSION=18.0rc4 -DDEBIAN_PACKAGE_REVISION=0bionic-rockchip1 -DDEB_PACKAGE_ARCHITECTURE=armhf -DWITH_ARCH=arm -DWITH_CPU=cortex-a53 ../xbmc

cmake --build . -- -j6
cpack

This is to install KODI. Credit to original source here.

Downloaded from "dowload from: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc"
I tried it for full day setup but it failed.
1. I'm trying to figure out with google translater, I don't know English.
2. No Linux experience, I am very novice.
Can you show me a more descriptive way, please?
(03-17-2019, 07:49 PM)futurejones Wrote: Absolutely awesome work! This is without doubt the best performing and looking desktop available.
Thanks for all your hard work making this possible.
One problem - 
I have the PCIe m.2 adapter with a 250GB WD Black nvme ssd attached.
When I log in as root everything is working beautifully. Desktop is smooth and access to PCIe ssd works as expected. But....
When I try to log in as "rock" everything freezes and I have to restart the rockpro64.
This seems to be the same issue I have had with all other distro desktop installs I have tried except they won't boot even as root.
For now I am very happy just to be able to use as root.

I have exactly the same problem, but with a ssd disk connected to the sata adapter on the pci. The system hangs after logging in. I logged in as rock. After work, I will try to log in as root and let me know how the department works
About the PCIe disks. Sounds like a permissions issue to me. I tested PCIe -> SATA some time back and had no issues, but didn't retest on the release. Anyways, let me know if this will solve your issue:

Code:
sudo chown -R -v rock:rock /media/rock    
sudo chmod -Rf 777 rock:rock /media/rock
[edit]
Can you switch tty when the build 'freezes up' ? if yes, you could check where it mounts and just chmod it I imagine (otherwise check from root):

Code:
sudo chmod 777 /dev/sdx
[edit 2]
If neither works, ssh into the board when its locked up and pastbin dmesg for us Smile

(03-18-2019, 06:50 AM)Luke Wrote: About the PCIe disks. Sounds like a permissions issue to me. I tested PCIe -> SATA some time back and had no issues, but didn't retest on the release. Anyways, let me know if this will solve your issue:

Code:
[edit]
Can you switch tty when the build 'freezes up' ? if yes, you could check where it mounts and just chmod it I imagine (otherwise check from root):

Code:
sudo chmod 777 /dev/sdx
[edit 2]
If neither works, ssh into the board when its locked up and pastbin dmesg for us Smile

Hi Luke,

You cannot ssh to the machine, the whole machine locks up

I think it may be this issue https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-build/issues/261, don't think that was ever addressed....

Edit: I just tried the UART serial console and that locks up as well, so it looks like a kernel issue to me....
(03-18-2019, 12:08 PM)frewind Wrote:
(03-18-2019, 06:50 AM)Luke Wrote: About the PCIe disks. Sounds like a permissions issue to me. I tested PCIe -> SATA some time back and had no issues, but didn't retest on the release. Anyways, let me know if this will solve your issue:

Code:
[edit]

Code:
sudo chmod 777 /dev/sdx
[edit 2]

Hi Luke,

I think it may be this issue https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-build/issues/261, don't think that was ever addressed....

Edit: I just tried the UART serial console and that locks up as well, so it looks like a kernel issue to me....

Thanks! Not at the top of our list to do (sorry about that) at current time, but we'll get around to it, so don't worry. I'll add to known issues.

(03-18-2019, 12:08 PM)frewind Wrote:

Code:
[edit]

Code:
sudo chmod 777 /dev/sdx
[edit 2]

Hi Luke,

I confirm, ssh is not working, rockpro64 stops responding to anything. I will add that if he logs in as root, then he will log out the users and log in as the rock system starts, but the system will crash when trying to start the drive.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vanilla mainline Debian 11 (Bullseye) on the RockPro64 Pete Tandy 22 16,821 08-16-2023, 01:34 AM
Last Post: varac
  How do I enable Pine touchdisplay as display on Debian? Thisone 0 515 04-23-2023, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Thisone
  Is some u-boot required on the SPI for installing debian with the official installer? callegar 1 1,284 10-25-2022, 10:07 AM
Last Post: ratzzupaltuff
  Armbian 22.02 Release Announcement TRS-80 0 1,110 02-28-2022, 05:08 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Install Mali 400 Drivers for Debian 11 on RockPro64 MaverickPi 2 2,317 02-19-2022, 06:44 AM
Last Post: sigmaris
  Debian image configured for USB-C OTG? djonathan 2 2,484 01-06-2022, 03:09 AM
Last Post: susy1075
Bug Unreliable display in Armbian and Debian ksattic 3 3,068 11-17-2021, 05:42 AM
Last Post: PakoSt
  Debian Bullseye & RockPro64: No tty consoles? Pete Tandy 9 7,311 11-08-2021, 02:33 PM
  HBA Card working on Aufan's builds but not in debian, armbian or dietpi charsi 1 1,821 10-29-2021, 11:15 AM
  Two Questions About Debian on RockPro64 publiclewdness 0 1,273 09-30-2021, 11:54 AM
Last Post: publiclewdness