Set-up the wifi module
Question 
Hi,

I recently received my Pine64 and successfully installed an Ubuntu image (longsleep xenial-pine64-bspkernel-20160403).
I can connect to Internet using the Ethernet connection.

How can I install the official Bluetooth/WiFi module?

Thanks for your help.
I was not able to figure this out with that specific image, so i installed another that i found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwrRh39...lWUW8/view

It was as easy as filling out the SSID, password, and security type for wifi access.
If I've helped you with something, please leave a rating for my responses.
I installed the ubuntu-mate desktop and wireless and bluetooth were available  for gui configuration.  The module was in place before I ran the script to install mate, not sure if that makes a difference or not.
(04-22-2016, 04:34 AM)jereze Wrote: Hi,

I recently received my Pine64 and successfully installed an Ubuntu image (longsleep xenial-pine64-bspkernel-20160403).
I can connect to Internet using the Ethernet connection.

How can I install the official Bluetooth/WiFi module?

Thanks for your help.

It looks like bt is recognized out of the box (rfkill list ...  You need to install it )

I am still trying to figure out the wifi. Could someone with a working wifi  post the result of the command

lsmod

Please,
TIA
      François
Hello François, the wifi module works just fine out of the box but not the bluetooth module because the drivers are not supportés by the kernel ( longsleep Said so )

Envoyé de mon HUAWEI GRA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk
The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows Linux.
Hi,

I am having the same issue in enabling WiFi out of the box. I have been playing with wpa_supplicant settings and have still not gotten it to work. Can anyone provide details on how to setup WiFi via the cli? I have Googled and have not had success thus far. I will keep experimenting.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Okay, running Mate desktop seemed to work. A reboot was required to get everything going.
Just a quick update, the instructions in the post below detail how to setup the Pine64 native WiFi board. This does not require the installation of Mate desktop.

http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=982
(05-09-2016, 05:27 PM)jl_678 Wrote: Just a quick update, the instructions in the post below detail how to setup the Pine64 native WiFi board.  This does not require the installation of Mate desktop.

http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=982

I just pin your thread
Thumbs Up 
A bit late: thank you guys!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frustrations with Wifi, VNC, Longsleep, etc. NexusDude 1 3,644 06-05-2019, 11:43 PM
Last Post: igorp
  Ubuntu boot very slow with wifi driver remainder 9 20,653 08-03-2017, 07:23 AM
Last Post: victorssantos
  +PINEBOOK ufw fails from terminal ufw.frontend module missing lisanke 3 4,900 07-29-2017, 10:19 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Problem connecting to specific wifi network JamesWatt 1 4,553 07-03-2017, 02:09 PM
Last Post: ChristianC123
  dual wifi, one as access point vigor 0 2,406 09-02-2016, 11:55 PM
Last Post: vigor
  kernel module snd_seq pelgrim 0 2,260 05-25-2016, 02:53 PM
Last Post: pelgrim