RETRO GAMING: UPDATED RECALBOX FOR THE RK3399 ROCKPRO64
(03-20-2019, 04:08 PM)Luke Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 10:59 AM)km782 Wrote: Does the "Additional fixes for Xbox One controllers" mean that they should work over Bluetooth or only USB?  Mine works fine when connected over USB but I am unable to pair it via Bluetooth.

Thank you so much for all of the hard work that has been put into this!

The Xbox One controller is literally the ONLY controller none of us had  to test (we tested all other controllers)... so you tell us.

The controller works great when connected via USB.

It won't pair via Bluetooth.  In emulationstation the controller is never found.  

I found something online that said if you run:

Code:
echo 1 > /sys/module/bluetooth/parameters/disable_ertm

it will let you connect the controller.  After that the emulationstation will find the controller, listing it with the MAC address and "Xbox Wireless Controller" but as soon as you select it to pair it immediately says "Unable to Pair Controller."

When I log into the computer via SSH, using bluetoothctl I can get it to pair and trust but it won't connect:

Attempting to connect to 9C:AA:1BBig GrinF:B2:14
Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.Failed

The package xpadneo (https://github.com/atar-axis/xpadneo) is supposed to connect the controller.  Any chance this could be added to recalbox?

Let me know if there is anything that you would like to me to try or any more information that would be helpful.  Thanks!
Need to think on this and get back to you. Congrats on the good attitude (for not whining that something doesn't work) and thanks for being willing to help out testing!

[edit] it may be a good idea to post the question on the Recalbox forum too!
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

km782 - there should be a file named /etc/init.d/S98xboxone which runs on every boot. That file will run the code you found:

I suggest removing / forgetting all paired devices from bluez, rebooting, and then re-pairing.

Unfortunately, as Lukasz said, we don't have an xboxone controller to test, and we greatly appreciate your feedback and help testing that!
(03-21-2019, 05:02 AM)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: km782 - there should be a file named /etc/init.d/S98xboxone which runs on every boot. That file will run the code you found:

I suggest removing / forgetting all paired devices from bluez, rebooting, and then re-pairing.

Unfortunately, as Lukasz said, we don't have an xboxone controller to test, and we greatly appreciate your feedback and help testing that!

I've been playing around with it for the last few days.  I found that one of the problems I was having is the bluetooth signal coming from the Rockpro64 seems to be pretty weak.  I may look into getting a bluetooth USB adapter in the future but for the time being I was able to reposition the antennas and get the Xbox One controller to connect using the bluetoothctl utility.  It also reconnects automatically after a reboot.

Once connected, the controller works great in Emulation Station.  I can configure the buttons and they all are recognized correctly.  However, none of the buttons work in any of the emulators.  Only the D-Pad and left Joystick work.  Do you have any idea what could cause this? 

I don't know if it matters but the controller is detected as "XBox Wireless Controller" when I connect it via bluetooth.  If I connect the same controller via USB it is detected as "MICROSOFT X-BOX ONE S PAD".  When it is connected via USB everything works fine both in Emulationstation and within the emulators.

Thanks again for the help!
km782, sorry we really have no way of helping out with the Xbox One controller at this time... simply because we don't have one on hand. This may or may not be specific to our builds, so perhaps its worthwhile trying to ask in the thread over at Recalbox: https://forum.recalbox.com/topic/16463/p...gedin=true
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Hi, I am currently using the RockPro primarily for Kodi and am running a nightly version of LibreElec. Are your changes (e.g. 4K resolution) also available in the nightly of libreelec or does it make sense to switch? From reading through the forum it seems that your image is a better adapted to the RockPro boards, than libreelec. But "exclusive" features you listed (CEC, Leia, etc) are also available in the Libreelec release, so thats why I am wondering.
snoopy_ca - good questions Smile The exclusive features are exclusive to recalbox releases, as no other version of recalbox has Kodi Leia yet. However there are also some kernel customizations which should better adapt kodi for the rockpro, yes. I expect you should have better luck with 4k@60fps playback on my recalbox build than on LE, but I would genuinely love to hear feedback if you have the chance to test for yourself!
Can you elaborate on what that physical mapping stuff is in the DTB for video output?

I have borrowed your kernel, plugged it into LibreELEC's build system, and everything is cool except 4K won't initialize, and all HDMI modes except "RGB" cause unrecoverable video corruption. I removed that physical mapping stuff from the DTB, and now it fires up without any graphics problems, but it seems to be using VOPL, as 4K is not available. But at least it's not unstable anymore. I dunno why I had to do that.

Is it because your mali blob is different?

Is your mali blob inside of the kernel tree I'm nabbing, or is it externally referenced (and therefore I am going to need the URL to it?)
Maybe I need to tell LibreELEC where to grab the same mali blob you are using...
Updated Release of RECALBOX For the RockPro64 RK3399

- Suspend and Resume support is now included - fully operational on Roshambo Case out of the box! (https://www.cloudmedia.com/?product=rosh...aming-case)
- AUFS drivers embedded into kernel
- CDN-DP firmware loading fixed
- LOTS of mainline back-ports and custom fixes
- Additional drivers included in kernel, including (but not limited to):
        * LOTS of networking stuff, such as VLAN and IPv6
        * Requirements for DOCKER containers
        * Additional Intel PCIe drivers
        * RAID support
-Newer versions of some emulators (such as PSP)
- Additional PCIe driver fixes - Gen2 training now works
- Improved Networking Performance
- IR-Receiver support added to device tree

https://github.com/mrfixit2001/recalbox_...tag/190427
Updated release - PCIe issues are now resolved!
https://github.com/mrfixit2001/recalbox_...tag/190527

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  irradium (based on crux linux) RockPro64 riscv64, aarch64 mara 1 342 03-25-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: mara
  RK3399 PCIe enumeration jhadd 0 227 01-31-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: jhadd
  yocto for RockPro64 Fide 1 647 01-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Fide
  Installing Ubuntu Server on RockPro64 deutschlmao 2 2,517 10-29-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: brotherj4mes
  Vanilla mainline Debian 11 (Bullseye) on the RockPro64 Pete Tandy 22 16,821 08-16-2023, 01:34 AM
Last Post: varac
  slarm64 (unofficial slackware) ROCKPro64 RK3399 (aarch64) mara 54 82,194 08-11-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: mara
  How to enable CoreSight ETM trace on RockPro64 shpark 0 540 05-21-2023, 11:34 PM
Last Post: shpark
  rk3399 and Visual Output Processor 2 (VOP2) swan 3 1,284 05-13-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: swan
  Accidentally updated Ubuntu/ Revert possible? Thisone 0 471 04-19-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Thisone
  Rockpro64 Dead on arrival? quixoticgeek 1 879 03-12-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: quixoticgeek