Pinebook Pro?
(01-30-2019, 04:58 PM)yangmusa Wrote:
(01-30-2019, 03:34 PM)91LudeSiT Wrote: ...I'm wondering if it'll be open orders or much like the waiting list invite system they have now.

I hope the ordering system will be improved over the current waiting list! I added my name to the BTO list months ago, and never received a confirmation. I emailed Pine to see if they just happened to have any in stock (others have posted here that it's worth asking, sometimes they have spare Pinebooks available), and although they responded they didn't appear to have a record of me being on the waiting list. So yeah, I really hope they will take open orders.

I understand that you're upset, but I think this is an isolated incident. That said, there is no doubt there is quite a bit of room for improvement to the BTO system.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Luke are there any options to preorder? I'd like to go ahead and get one if possible.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
(01-30-2019, 05:31 PM)91LudeSiT Wrote: Luke are there any options to preorder? I'd like to go ahead and get one if possible.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I assume you're asking about the Pinebook Pro ? - there is no pre-order system in place at this time. We don't even have a ETA for when the units go into mass production. All in good time ... there will be plenty of 'heads-up' time before orders are taken.

Luke Wrote:I understand that you're upset, but I think this is an isolated incident. That said, there is no doubt there is quite a bit of room for improvement to the BTO system.

No worries. I would consider re-submitting to the BTO list, but now that the Pinebook Pro is on the horizon that looks like a better solution for me needs anyway :-)

Edit: meant to quote Luke, don't know what happened there..
Wink 
Hello, all.  This is this is my first post.   The Forbes article caught my attention.

I was not aware of Pinebook, but some other devices.  I am no stranger to Linux.

Upgrading to a newer, general laptop/device from one of 10 years -- though it has served me well --  is less a matter of being frugal than just being practical.   I've just been delaying.

Best regards
Also first post here, came here to mention that I am interested in the Pinebook Pro. Great price point and I'm happy with the specs for a development laptop, at least for scripting languages.

A request: when it is time for production, it would be helpful if Pine64 could provide a clear list of any hardware components that require closed-source drivers or closed-source embedded firmware. I'm very interested in a laptop that is as close to "open" as possible. I understand that it may not be possible to use 100% open components but I'd at least like to know what I'm getting into, without having to do tons of time-consuming research. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Thanks!!!
I am also interested in the pinebook pro, having tested several distros on older laptops over the years I would love to find a unit comparable to my hp-chromebook.  specs and pricepoint are in the wheelhouse of a great deal, excited to see whats next.
Count me in as interested in the PB Pro.  I was an early Chromebook adopter and have a few.  A Toshiba CB with the IPS panel is used daily here - but that panel has developed a single pixel vertical strip defect and the battery life is dropping (no complaints - it's been solid for many years).  Seems like exactly the right time to move to a PB Pro!  Looking forward to more news and participating in the forum.
Not that I want to flood your queue with other devices, but are you still considering a detachable keyboard tablet in the distant future?

Also since - if the picture is correct - you are keeping the same frameset, will an existing Pinebook upgrade package be available? (e.g. just purchase the Pinebook ROCK64 and replace the existing). Didn't read the bloody text saying you'll be using USB-C. At that point it'd just be worth buying the whole thing.
[ PHP Developer | Pinebook 1G | About me ]
(01-31-2019, 03:14 AM)soupbowl Wrote: Not that I want to flood your queue with other devices, but are you still considering a detachable keyboard tablet in the distant future?

Also since - if the picture is correct - you are keeping the same frameset, will an existing Pinebook upgrade package be available? (e.g. just purchase the Pinebook ROCK64 and replace the existing).

The PineTab is there in the announcement - how did you miss it ? :Smile

And yes, you will be able to update the existing 14" to a Pinebook Pro-like lappy. Upgrading the existing (1080p and non-1080p) 11.6" should also be possible, we just need to figure out keyboard firmware (different on 14/ 11/6") and then there is the question of thermals.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 1,912 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 304 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 240 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 230 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 167 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 556 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 623 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,235 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 2,001 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 59,154 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: wdt