Pinebook Pro?
Luke had me at "black magnesium alloy body." The other specs look great too. This is going to be my birthday present to myself.

A very nice assortment of products coming out!
Again, at least matte screen, having a "black mirror" front of me is a pain. And is backlit keyboard can be bought as an option for say $20, I'm for it.
(01-30-2019, 01:26 PM)Leba837 Wrote:
(01-30-2019, 01:05 PM)Jeff115 Wrote: I found this article about the new Pinebook Pro (link), and I was interested in it. Does anybody know more about this new device?
Like the estimated launch date, etc.? The article said that the Pinebook Pro would have 64Gb storage, 802.11ac Wifi, 4Gb ram and a Hexa-core CPU?
But what interested me the most was a Nvme slot. What are your thoughts about the Pinebook Pro?

Yes, I've registered to the forums purely for this, I watched in anticipation of the Original Pinebook, but at the time I needed a daily driver and from what little I've heard the PineBook Pro could fill the void... The article I read mentioned 2019 Q3 or Q4.

I too registered  primarily for this product and am thinking of this as an alternative to a new Chromebook which I have been considering. I am comfortable with debian and ubuntu and hope these or a derivative of these will be available with a lighter desktop interface such as XFCE or LXDE. Old school but very light weight.
I'm also here to be one of the gang that registered only for the pinebook pro Big Grin

As a sysadmin, I really love Debian and have long been looking for a premium but low cost laptop for work/travel that's running it.

This ticks all the boxes! However, is it possible to replace the mmc with ssd inside the laptop? Because mmc is not know for it's performance Tongue
(03-04-2019, 03:56 AM)thomasd Wrote: Is it possible to replace the mmc with ssd inside the laptop? Because mmc is not know for it's performance Tongue

There is a NMVE port on the board for faster storage.
(03-03-2019, 09:54 PM)coot Wrote:
(01-30-2019, 01:26 PM)Leba837 Wrote:
(01-30-2019, 01:05 PM)Jeff115 Wrote: I found this article about the new Pinebook Pro (link), and I was interested in it. Does anybody know more about this new device?
Like the estimated launch date, etc.? The article said that the Pinebook Pro would have 64Gb storage, 802.11ac Wifi, 4Gb ram and a Hexa-core CPU?
But what interested me the most was a Nvme slot. What are your thoughts about the Pinebook Pro?

Yes, I've registered to the forums purely for this, I watched in anticipation of the Original Pinebook, but at the time I needed a daily driver and from what little I've heard the PineBook Pro could fill the void... The article I read mentioned 2019 Q3 or Q4.

I too registered  primarily for this product and am thinking of this as an alternative to a new Chromebook which I have been considering. I am comfortable with debian and ubuntu and hope these or a derivative of these will be available with a lighter desktop interface such as XFCE or LXDE. Old school but very light weight.

(03-04-2019, 04:10 AM)evilbunny Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 03:56 AM)thomasd Wrote: Is it possible to replace the mmc with ssd inside the laptop? Because mmc is not know for it's performance Tongue

There is a NMVE port on the board for faster storage.

Yes, but is there space for the actual disk inside it?
(02-26-2019, 09:22 AM)Luke Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 07:20 AM)jddelaro Wrote: Hey Luke, 

First, I think what y'all are doing is flat out awesome and I've been thinking about getting something exactly like what is proposed for a while. We stumbled on this and I think our entire DevOps team is going to buy at least one of the Pros.  Maybe I am just tired and missed it but I haven't seen Centos (7) mentioned. Any chance for that support? I saw it mentioned for other devices but you never know. Thanks!

Regarding Centos, you could build it yourself using kernel sources from ayufan or mrxifit2001, or even use armbian for this purpose. It shouldn't be too difficult, but again no official support (that we're aware of) is planned. Then again ... nothing is supported until devs get their hands on the device, which won't be for another month or so ;Wink To this end, if you know some Centos devs then you're welcome to point them to this thread - we'd be happy to offer them hw and community would certainly help out getting the OS' running.

Luke, 

Thank you for getting back to me, appreciate the news.  I think I will just end up running some Debian flavor as I don't really know what will happen with Red Hat and/or Centos going forward.  For now, we wait.   Cool  Feel free to give us a time horizon and thanks for what y'all are doing!
How/where do we sign up for the PineBook Pro? How does one get to the 'order page'?
(03-04-2019, 03:09 PM)chessie Wrote: How/where do we sign up for the PineBook Pro? How does one get to the 'order page'?

There is no order page. Just stay tuned. There will be a sufficient heads-up period for sign-ups.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Just want to chime in and say how excited I am for the Pinebook Pro.  I've personally been making a real effort dump Intel based systems in favor of ARM (both for efficiency's sake as well as power consumption) and laptops are the last remnant of the Intel/x86 brigade for me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinebook Pro Initial Impressions kunger 443 584,409 Yesterday, 07:29 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 2,232 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 373 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 278 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 270 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 205 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 632 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 705 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,467 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 2,163 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt