IR sensor and Harmony remotes
Hi guys,

I'm looking for this problems for months now and it seems I can't find any solution to this problem.

I've bought the Rock64 especially because it has an infrared sensor build in to control it with my Harmony remote One.

Any solutions i've find doesn't work.
- program it as another media device that runs android.
- program it with the NEC code. I can't add that in the harmony software.
- program it as a pine64 device. That device doens't exist in the harmony software.

I think the only solution is to program it with the remote dat Pine64 offers but I can't find the original manifacturer or any other after sale brand that is known in the Harmony software.

I'm hoping some other members had the exact same problem and had their remote work with the Rock64.

Greetings
(01-17-2019, 04:41 AM)larsmu Wrote: Hi guys,

I'm looking for this problems for months now and it seems I can't find any solution to this problem.

I've bought the Rock64 especially because it has an infrared sensor build in to control it with my Harmony remote One.

Any solutions i've find doesn't work.
- program it as another media device that runs android.
- program it with the NEC code. I can't add that in the harmony software.
- program it as a pine64 device. That device doens't exist in the harmony software.

I think the only solution is to program it with the remote dat Pine64 offers but I can't find the original manifacturer or any other after sale brand that is known in the Harmony software.

I'm hoping some other members had the exact same problem and had their remote work with the Rock64.

Greetings
Hi,larsmu
Since it seems you have done extensive research, I am also struggling to even configure IR reciever in armbian strech. Do let me know if you could help me with it.
I am waiting for some answers also. Is there some news already?

Pit
The PINE64 IR remote mapping has been published at PINW64 wiki site and you can using this info to program your Harmony remote.

http://files.pine64.org/doc/Pine%20A64%2...t-logo.jpg
Explain to me how it's done.

As far as I know, you can't program or add a device that is not in the list they provide.
Finally, I've got a solution for this problem.

The MXQ PRO 4K has the same remote and is a known device in the Harmony software. (Maybe other android boxes will work if they are known in the Harmony software)
Adding this device in Harmony will get you a working remote for your Rock64.
I'd look at the program lirc (in the debs) if you haven't. Not that I've used it.

As I understand it a remote transmits a certain sequence of pulses and making a remote work with something has to do with being able to match up the codes with the device. lirc can (I think) record what's transmitted by a device, so if you record the keypresses with an original remote you can load those into a universal remote. I think there are databases of codes out there somewhere.
That's ok, if you have the original remote in your hands.
In my case, I don't have the remote and i can't code it with the given image above.

Imo this is the only solution i've found to add the remote in Harmony withouth having the remote itself.
Try a search like https://duckduckgo.com/?q=%22remote+cont...fnt&ia=web but it's always possible you've got an odd one that's not listed anywhere.  And see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7274...ared-codes

I've been through having a useless device with no remote.  I was looking for a way to make a backup by recording the codes.  A couple times I've also bought a spare remote when the device got a few years old and taped it to the back with packing tape so it doesn't get lost.  Partially triggered by starting to have buttons that don't work anymore, but I've fixed a few by opening them up and cleaning contacts with alcohol and cotton swabs.  And then there are people who lose remotes...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rock64 enable 1-wire to read DS18B20 or Dallas temperature sensor Perry 2 3,020 02-12-2021, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Perry