Update 22.02.2019 Feature-complete Debian build - SDIO WiFi/BT / PCIe / 3D / 2D
LXDE desktop Chromium and Firefox not working.

Which sudo command line should I use to install Armbian desktop?
(02-26-2019, 09:25 AM)kardanadm Wrote: LXDE desktop Chromium and Firefox not working.

Which sudo command line should I use to install Armbian desktop?

We're working towards a desktop release. If you want to install firefox then fetch this deb
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Hey mrfixit, thanks for uploading the correct source code. After having a hard time with building your kernel (had to comment-out almost every dts in Makefile) i succesfully build that thing, but now i got a kernel panic straight after boot. May you could provide your config?
(02-19-2019, 07:49 AM)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: Smile relax you hungry animals haha, i will make the kernel source available soon. I didn't expect so much concern over source and assumed you'd just be happy that you had this release available. At its core it's just rockchip's 4.4 bsp kernel, just heavily patched.
The delay is because this is a hobby, and I have a full time job, a wife and two kids, and limited free time. In the little free time I do have, I've been busy working on fixes for the next release. I assumed those would be a higher priority to everyone compared to source code.
I'm a bit of a perfectionist and want things to be working fully (to the best of my testing ability) before I publish them. I have recently finished back porting the majority of the important PCIe fixes from mainline, and added some of rockchip's new commits as well. Just this weekend Nuumio came up with an idea for delaying SDIO probing until after the PCIe link training completes and I was able to use his idea to get that working 100% of the time (you can follow much of that discussion, with a patch link, on the IRC).
I expect that there should be an updated release before the end of the week. Just one issue to work out in the boot script first. Following the release I'll drop the patched kernel source into a new repo on my GitHub Smile
I do hope this addresses any concerns.

All of this could have been avoiding by simply managing your source code via a publicly accessable repository from the start.   I'm wasn't trying to be a jerk by my view, however no one who respects FOSS is going to look very kindly on disregard for the GPL.
I am very new to this and wasn't aware when I bought the RockPro64 and the LCD screen that there was little to no support minus using an android build. Does your build support the LCD screen or can you point me in the right direction on how I can get it to work?
I have found that the Midori and Vivaldi browsers work fine in LXDE in this release. I installed Midori with apt and downloaded the Debian arm version of Vivaldi. There has been trouble with chromium in Arm Linux in general. The only Firefox available from the repository was the LSE version and I couldn't get it to work -- input / output errors. I had the same problems and results with the XFCE desktop.
(02-26-2019, 03:52 PM)laserguru Wrote: I have found that the Midori and Vivaldi browsers work fine in LXDE in this release.  I installed Midori with apt and downloaded the Debian arm version of Vivaldi.  There has been trouble with chromium in Arm Linux in general.  The only Firefox available from the repository was the LSE version and I couldn't get it to work -- input / output errors.  I had the same problems and results with the XFCE desktop.

Yea, but those browsers have really bad performance. Anyways, working towards a desktop build now under mrfixit2001's guidance.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

i've got a usb wifi dongle and using the most current rock64 debian release, i think yesterday, is there any network gui installed that will allow me to setup the wifi? it's an old cisco/linksys Linksys RangePlus Wireless USB Network Adapter [wusb100] not sure what chip but it pretty much always is recognized. maybe the location of a config file or WPA_Supplicant if that's in the build. thanks.
NoDiskNoFun - curious what issues you ran into during compile? I can share config when back at my build environment if needed, but post some logs?
Belakor - thanks for sharing your feedback, and you're welcome Wink
fanofhack - have not yet tried working on the LCD screen, but it's on the upcoming to-do list in preparation of the Pinebook Pro
laserguru - great that you've gotten some browsers working! If they meet your needs then that's what matters.
dkryder - did you mean rockpro or rock64? If not the pro, you're on the wrong thread, jump over to rock64. In either case, the debian builds are minimal so users need to install whatever desktops and software that's best for them. We are working towards a desktop build too, so that should help Smile
Hi
I installed the LXDE desktop. I cannot access the flash disk and external disks.
I wanted to set up armbian but couldn't.
Look forward to your desktop build.

I would love to build Armbian while waiting for your desktop build project but I still don't know how I should do

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RK3399 PCIe enumeration jhadd 0 227 01-31-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: jhadd
  Vanilla mainline Debian 11 (Bullseye) on the RockPro64 Pete Tandy 22 16,819 08-16-2023, 01:34 AM
Last Post: varac
  Installing CH431SER on Ayufan 0.9.14: gitlab-ci-linux-build-159 Thisone 4 1,182 07-14-2023, 04:22 AM
Last Post: hunderteins
  How do I enable Pine touchdisplay as display on Debian? Thisone 0 515 04-23-2023, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Thisone
  GPIO on Ayufan 0.9.14 Build Thisone 7 1,936 04-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: diederik
  Is some u-boot required on the SPI for installing debian with the official installer? callegar 1 1,284 10-25-2022, 10:07 AM
Last Post: ratzzupaltuff
  Can RockPRO64 support PCIe Endpoint? andrewg132 3 2,088 10-14-2022, 06:24 AM
Last Post: rwk-
  bullseye 11.3 WiFi drivers moserwi 0 1,250 03-28-2022, 02:01 PM
Last Post: moserwi
  Install Mali 400 Drivers for Debian 11 on RockPro64 MaverickPi 2 2,317 02-19-2022, 06:44 AM
Last Post: sigmaris
  prevent bluetooth from loading (manjaro, no wifi/bt card installed) flounder 0 989 02-17-2022, 12:10 PM
Last Post: flounder