Update 22.02.2019 Feature-complete Debian build - SDIO WiFi/BT / PCIe / 3D / 2D
Chromium probably won't work because of the included gbm blob. The image is kind-of for a different application - but this will surely be sorted out in time. Also, for mate DE, make sure to enable window compositing.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

My first problem: display resolution, forced output of 1920x1024, on workbench monitor (PL1910M), won't work. I have screen, but everything is (quite obviously) shunted to the left.

Tried to edit /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf ... but it's read-only. Any attempts to change file permissions fail. I can view it, that's all.

Attempted "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade", a few files updated, but that's it.

I grabbed this image because it reported "PCIe is enabled and attached storage works", but (a) lspci wasn't installed; (b) installing it, I'm getting zero output (as 1st page here shows).

WTH can I be doing wrong?
Can I get a gz of the kernel source tree?
(01-16-2019, 11:37 AM)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: Yes - Luke is correct! The current release includes some PCIe support but there will be additional functionality and drivers added to an updated release soon, as well as an updated ROCK64 and RockBox release. Thanks for your patience, all!

Thanks very much for this build! Smile I think I'm going to wait for your update before trying it, since I also have a PCIe RAID controller.

One question though: can we install a more recent kernel on your build? Or will that break all of the fixes that you implemented?

PS.: Fitting nickname Big Grin
PinePhone (BH 2GB + CE 3GB) // RockPro64 4GB (rev. 2.1) - OMV NAS // PineH64 3GB (model B) - off-prem OMV NAS // Pine64-LTS 2GB (rev. 1.2 + Playbox) - Domotics server
@kuerious - you aren't doing anything wrong, you just haven't mounted your boot partition as read/write. Use the "mount" command with the boot partition and "/boot -o remount,rw". Then you can edit extlinux and the default resolution. But be aware that the resolution of emulators will not be the same as the system default in extlinux, as different emulators are optimized for different resolutions. Also, in an upcoming updated release there will be additional PCIe drivers Smile

@p1x3l3d - a majority of the "fixes" in my build are kernel related, so swapping in another kernel would effectively undo them. But feel free to test anything you want by dropping in another "Image" or "dtb" and see what results you find Smile And thanks on the nickname props! Wink

@fosf0r - kernel source isn't available yet, but I'll be pushing it out to github at some point. Will keep you posted when that happens Smile

The next release will also have 4.4.171+ along with both the fan control and additional PCIe drivers
I just installed this and it booted straight to login prompt. I was able to log in but i was getting a wrong ip. I finally found a way to get a correct ip. At that point i did a update and installed mate desktop. once i rebooted i lost ip again and there was no DE environment. I am not sure not what i am doing wrong with getting a correct ip and getting a DE installed.
(01-23-2019, 10:01 AM)y0sh Wrote: I just installed this and it booted straight to login prompt. I was able to log in but i was getting a wrong ip. I finally found a way to get a correct ip. At that point i did a update and installed mate desktop. once i rebooted i lost ip again and there was no DE environment. I am not sure not what i am doing wrong with getting a correct ip and getting a DE installed.

You need to install xorg. Then, startx
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(01-23-2019, 10:13 AM)Luke Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 10:01 AM)y0sh Wrote: I just installed this and it booted straight to login prompt. I was able to log in but i was getting a wrong ip. I finally found a way to get a correct ip. At that point i did a update and installed mate desktop. once i rebooted i lost ip again and there was no DE environment. I am not sure not what i am doing wrong with getting a correct ip and getting a DE installed.

You need to install xorg. Then, startx

Thank you, what do i need to do to get the ethernet to grab a dhcp ip?
(01-18-2019, 08:15 AM)krazytpain117 Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 01:52 AM)festor89 Wrote: I installed the Mate desktop and everything works. But I have a problem. How to correctly install chromium step by step ??
After installation with the command '' sudo apt install -y chromium ''
Chromium installs but does not start

Try launching chromium from the terminal, and see what it says. code: chromium-browser
That's how I debug my programs when they break.  Cool

Chromium and firefox do not start.

Below the entry from the terminal:

root@localhost:~# chromium
[5446:5446:0123/175356.472854:ERROR:zygote_host_impl_linux.cc(89)] Running as root without --no-sandbox is not supported. See https://crbug.com/638180.
root@localhost:~# 
root@localhost:~# firefox
ExceptionHandler::GenerateDump cloned child 5487
ExceptionHandler::SendContinueSignalToChild sent continue signal to child
ExceptionHandler::WaitForContinueSignal waiting for continue signal...
root@localhost:~# 2019-01-23 17:54:05: minidump_processor.cc:152: ERROR: Minidump /root/.mozilla/firefox/5mm2blnd.default/minidumps/5ed0fe92-4984-3400-f135-7b1616aac841.dmp has no thread list
Failed to open curl lib from binary, use libcurl.so instead

(01-18-2019, 08:59 AM)Luke Wrote: Chromium probably won't work because of the included gbm blob. The image is kind-of for a different application - but this will surely be sorted out in time. Also, for mate DE, make sure to enable window compositing.

window compositing is enable
I might suggest replacing libmali.so on the build with this blob:
https://github.com/rockchip-linux/libmal...x11-gbm.so

I haven't test it yet, but *in theory* that blob should support both gbm and x11. Hopefully that would allow you to run XORG applications, such as web browsers.

If you want wayland instead of X then you could try this blob:
https://github.com/rockchip-linux/libmal...and-gbm.so

Again, I haven't tested either one, so please report back if you have success Smile

Just download the blob and save it as libmali.so and overwrite the current symlink with this. If it works out then I'll include it in the next release.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RK3399 PCIe enumeration jhadd 0 227 01-31-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: jhadd
  Vanilla mainline Debian 11 (Bullseye) on the RockPro64 Pete Tandy 22 16,821 08-16-2023, 01:34 AM
Last Post: varac
  Installing CH431SER on Ayufan 0.9.14: gitlab-ci-linux-build-159 Thisone 4 1,183 07-14-2023, 04:22 AM
Last Post: hunderteins
  How do I enable Pine touchdisplay as display on Debian? Thisone 0 515 04-23-2023, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Thisone
  GPIO on Ayufan 0.9.14 Build Thisone 7 1,937 04-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: diederik
  Is some u-boot required on the SPI for installing debian with the official installer? callegar 1 1,284 10-25-2022, 10:07 AM
Last Post: ratzzupaltuff
  Can RockPRO64 support PCIe Endpoint? andrewg132 3 2,089 10-14-2022, 06:24 AM
Last Post: rwk-
  bullseye 11.3 WiFi drivers moserwi 0 1,250 03-28-2022, 02:01 PM
Last Post: moserwi
  Install Mali 400 Drivers for Debian 11 on RockPro64 MaverickPi 2 2,317 02-19-2022, 06:44 AM
Last Post: sigmaris
  prevent bluetooth from loading (manjaro, no wifi/bt card installed) flounder 0 989 02-17-2022, 12:10 PM
Last Post: flounder