[Feb 26] Recalbox beta v3.1- Rock64 |[Feb 26] Recalbox 190222- RockPro64 / Minimal Debian by mrfixit2001 - 190222 - RockPro64 |[Feb 26] Q4OS 2.7-r2 - Pinebook 1080P / Pinebook |[Feb 22] Batocera Linux 5.20-20190121- RockPro64 | [Feb 19] Manjaro KDE 19.02 / Manjaro LXQT 19.02 - Pinebook1080P / Pinebook | [Feb 19] Slackware Aarch64 Miniroot and XFCE 20190201 - RockPro | [Feb 19] Slackware Aarch64 Miniroot and XFCE 20190201 - Rock64

Project Inspiration | Get Started | IRC Logs | Forum Rules/Policy

Arduino IDE Board support
Just pulled my PADI IoT Stamps out of the cupboard, and thought I'd get them running again. I'd seen mention a while ago about them working with the Arduino IDE, so thought I'd see what the state of affairs was now. While it is possible to get them working, it could be better / easier for first time users.

Hence, based off the great work the Realtek Ameba Arduino team for getting support for the underlying MCU () working, and George Talusan (gtalusan) for a board support package for the Mac, I can now present a board support package that should work for Windows, Linux and Mac (take Mac support with a pinch of salt - George had tested it, but I don't have a Mac to test that side going forward).

However, it should be pretty easy going getting started now - assuming you have a SWD debugger such as the one pine64 stock.

It will be a simple (!) matter of adding both of the following URLs to the Addional Board URLs in the Arduino IDE preferences (the first is for the Ameba Arduino support package, and the second is for my board support package which tacks on the PADI build and upload support):

Code:
https://github.com/Ameba8195/Arduino/raw/master/release/package_realtek.com_ameba_index.json
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pfeerick/PADIIoTStamp/master/release/package_padiiotstamp_index.json

Then go to the Boards manager, and first install the Realtek Ameba Arduino boards package, and then the PADI IoT Stamp boards package.

You'll also need to install OpenOCD. On Ubuntu linux, I used the version in the repositories. For Windows, I grabbed a compiled binary from http://gnutoolchains.com/arm-eabi/openocd/ - and unpacked it into C:\Program Files\OpenOCD - but take note, versions later than OpenOCD 0.10.0 [2017-08-21] do not seem to work.

Finally, if you are using the pine64 SWD debugger, you'll need to add an option to the interface/jlink.cfg file for openocd - transport select swd - otherwise you'll get lots of lovely error messages instead of an upload. 

There is more information on the GitHub page, and some troubleshooting hints on the wiki already... and more will be added over time... but that will do for now Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Programming IOT Stamp with Arduino IDE aunrau 5 981 10-23-2017, 03:40 PM
Last Post: dkryder
  Arduino board package for PADI IoT Stamp lapse 6 3,082 06-09-2017, 06:07 AM
Last Post: thomash