RETRO-GAMING: ANNOUNCING BETA RELEASE OF RECALBOX FOR THE ROCKPRO64
Works like a champ.

However, no fan... even with my tall heatsink its a bit warmer than I want.

Could it be missing the pwm1 pwm-fan designation in the DTB?
Then we could enable the fan by echoing into hwmon0.

1) https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-k...88868a2098
+
2) https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-k...146122d240
Will be in release and accessible from ES.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(01-14-2019, 07:27 PM)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: good feedback so far! Smile Thanks!

Pitcrawler - thanks for taking a look and letting us know things are looking good! And as you know, different roms play differently on different cores, so you did exactly the right thing by trying another core. I'm glad you found one that worked for you. While *most* games will probably perform near-perfect with the default N64 core (glupen), sometimes a rom will perform better or have less bugs with a different core. Definitely true!

laserguru - thank you also for the feedback! Can I ask what your use-case is for the DSI in recalbox/kodi?

I have my Rockpro64 board set up as a daily use Android 8 tablet.  When I was showing off the Recalbox OS to children / grandchildren they saw the blank embedded screen and asked why I don't set it up as a mobile gaming system.  

If I did that, it would be nice if the display connected via eDP or MIPI so I don't have to loop out and back in with an HDMI cable.  I understand that might cause issues on the KODI side due to HDCP and other DRM issues, but I am interested in embedding a screen for retro gaming.
Hello
I own a rockpro64 and I'm planning to replace my raspberry with it in my arcade cabinet. 
All my buttons are directly plugged into the gpio board of the raspberry for the moment.
How am I supposed to plug all my buttons and joystick on the rockpro64 ? The same way or do I need to buy an adaptator for usb ? 
Thank you
@pimseb - my recalbox images include "R64.GPIO" python package which can be used to map the GPIO pins in scripts. I believe you can use this for what you are trying to accomplish.
@laserguru - did made some failed attempts at eDP, so far no luck.
@fosf0r - I have added turning the rockpro fan on/off to the emulationstation menu Wink will be available in upcoming release.

If anyone has some PCIe devices and would be interested in testing the release candidate with updated PCIe drivers, please PM me
@Mrfixit2001 I'm sorry I don't find a file named R64.GPIO
Could you help me to locate it and to edit it ?
If I simply unplug all the cables from my raspberry gpio and plug them into the r64pro gpio (in the same order) will it work directly ? Or do I need to tweak something ?
Thank you
Today I tried to run recalbox into my cab
I plugged all my joystick/buttons cables from my raspberry into the rockpro64, in the same order
I enabled the option in recalbox.conf : 
Code:
## enable controllers on GPIO with mk_arcarde_joystick_rpi (0,1)
controllers.gpio.enabled=1

Unfortunately the joystick doesn't work
When I look into the log I see :

Code:
[        5.43] insmod: can't insert '/lib/modules/4.4.169/extra/mk_arcade_joystick_rpi.ko': No such file or directory

Any help is welcome Smile
Me again Smile
I've finally bought a Xinmotek encoder for all the buttons of my cab. This way I can plug it directly on the usb port and it's easier to switch from rockpro664 to raspberry.
The buttons are now working.
But I have a problem with screen resolution... My cab has a 19" screen with 5/4 ratio and a hdmi/vga adapter. The option global.videomode isn't available for the rockpro64, I can't set it to DMT 35 HDMI like for the raspberry.
I've tried to change the value in /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf : video=HDMI-A-1:1280x1024@60 . It seems to be respected only at boot.
I see the game list in a good resolution but when I launch a game, the video is deformed and not fitting all the screen (only like 40% of it). Moreover the resolution doesn't stick to 1280*1024 , it turns to 1024*768
I've also changed some values in recalbox.conf : global.ratio=custom
In raspberry there is the file /boot/config.txt to fix the screen ratio and resolution but it doesn't exist for the rockpro64
I'm lost now...
(02-13-2019, 02:04 PM)pimseb Wrote: Me again Smile
I've finally bought a Xinmotek encoder for all the buttons of my cab. This way I can plug it directly on the usb port and it's easier to switch from rockpro664 to raspberry.
The buttons are now working.
But I have a problem with screen resolution... My cab has a 19" screen with 5/4 ratio and a hdmi/vga adapter. The option global.videomode isn't available for the rockpro64, I can't set it to DMT 35 HDMI like for the raspberry.
I've tried to change the value in /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf : video=HDMI-A-1:1280x1024@60 . It seems to be respected only at boot.
I see the game list in a good resolution but when I launch a game, the video is deformed and not fitting all the screen (only like 40% of it). Moreover the resolution doesn't stick to 1280*1024 , it turns to 1024*768
I've also changed some values in recalbox.conf : global.ratio=custom
In raspberry there is the file /boot/config.txt to fix the screen ratio and resolution but it doesn't exist for the rockpro64
I'm lost now...

I'll talk to mrfixit2001 and see what we can come up with. For performance reasons as well as other reasons, the resolution is meant to be forced at 1080p in ES and most emulators.
For starters, please remove the following in entirety in extlinux and let me know what happens:

Code:
video=HDMI-A-1:1280x1024@60
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Thanks for reaching out! Glad you got your buttons working! Smile
You're right there's no resolution changer for rockchip yet (I'm working on one, amongst the chaos haha), so it makes changing your screen around a bit confusing. I've patched the emulators to run at a set resolution in order to optimize performance.
There is an aspect ratio setting in the recalbox menu that applies only to libretro (retroarch) cores, but I don't think it works on the current release. I've patched it in this next release, however, so I expect that will resolve all retroarch cores.
Mupen core screen sizes should be configurable thru the cfg files (read the readme on my github for detail). For your custom aspect ratio, don't adjust the heights listed, only the widths, and be mindful of the custom aspect setting I've added (details in the readme also).
But ppsspp and reicast are currently hard coded to a resolution that can't be adjusted by config files. I wasn't sure if there was going to be a need for this. So what I'll try to do is to re-work my graphics-stack-wrapper patch for the emulators to query a desired resolution inside recalbox.conf to provide the feature you need. It may not be available in the upcoming release, but I'll see what I can do Smile But until then, I expect you should be able to get all but PSP and Dreamcast corrected using the configs.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  irradium (based on crux linux) RockPro64 riscv64, aarch64 mara 1 342 03-25-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: mara
  yocto for RockPro64 Fide 1 648 01-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Fide
  Installing Ubuntu Server on RockPro64 deutschlmao 2 2,517 10-29-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: brotherj4mes
  Vanilla mainline Debian 11 (Bullseye) on the RockPro64 Pete Tandy 22 16,822 08-16-2023, 01:34 AM
Last Post: varac
  slarm64 (unofficial slackware) ROCKPro64 RK3399 (aarch64) mara 54 82,196 08-11-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: mara
  How to enable CoreSight ETM trace on RockPro64 shpark 0 540 05-21-2023, 11:34 PM
Last Post: shpark
  Rockpro64 Dead on arrival? quixoticgeek 1 879 03-12-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: quixoticgeek
  RockPro64 boot questions misterc 3 1,488 01-13-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: misterc
  A fix for Bluetooth audio stuttering on the RockPro64 raph 2 1,580 01-03-2023, 06:53 PM
Last Post: raph
  hello i want to drive an edp screen with my rockpro64 hannescam 0 707 10-20-2022, 01:22 PM
Last Post: hannescam