OMV-Remotedesktop-lag-disorder
Star 
Hello,
I desperately need a Remote Desktop in OMV OpenMediaVault.
Installed> OMV-Extras> Plugins> openmediavault-remotedesktop 4.0.1
Connected via Windows Remote Desktop Connection.
After a few clicks, no reaction, connection reboot few clicks and again lags / errors.
Code:
root@rockpro64:~# uname -a
Linux rockpro64 4.4.138-1094-rockchip-ayufan-gf13a8a9a4eee #1 SMP Thu Aug 9 20:29:55 UTC 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux
[Image: 2Pcg4.jpg] [Image: 2PchY.jpg]

Remote Desktop is very important to me.
Please help.
(12-14-2018, 01:21 PM)Neo2018 Wrote: Hello,
I desperately need a Remote Desktop in OMV OpenMediaVault.
Installed> OMV-Extras> Plugins> openmediavault-remotedesktop 4.0.1
Connected via Windows Remote Desktop Connection.
After a few clicks, no reaction, connection reboot few clicks and again lags / errors.
Code:
root@rockpro64:~# uname -a
Linux rockpro64 4.4.138-1094-rockchip-ayufan-gf13a8a9a4eee #1 SMP Thu Aug 9 20:29:55 UTC 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux
[Image: 2Pcg4.jpg] [Image: 2PchY.jpg]

Remote Desktop is very important to me.
Please help.

So ... Reliable remote desktop can be achieved in two ways in OMV.

1) Using OMV WebBUI: set up your user first an make sure that your user has a home directory (this is a must) as well as elevated privilages (sudoers group) [edit] adding user to sudoers is conveniant, but not necessary. After you set this install the RDP plugin. From here its pretty straight forgward - you connect using your OMV credentials.

2) VNC server: the alternative route is to install VNC from CLI (which I prefer) - you'll still have to make your user have a home folder and I suggest you add user to sudeors. Then install the destkop you want - I suggest mate, xfce or lxde. Reboot. After ssh into the OMV install and install your favorite VNC server.

I've tried both and in my experience both work well.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(12-14-2018, 02:00 PM)Luke Wrote: 1) Using OMV WebBUI: set up your user first an make sure that your user has a home directory (this is a must) as well as elevated privilages (sudoers group) [edit] adding user to sudoers is conveniant, but not necessary. After you set this install the RDP plugin. From here its pretty straight forgward - you connect using your OMV credentials.
Hello, thanks for the answer
Way 1) Does not work no matter which user I take. After a few clicks Lag everything.
[Image: 2Pdiw.jpg]Am I doing something wrong or forgotten?
I think you may also want to ask over at OMV forum about the rdp plugin. Personally I run vnc4server on OMV with a mate and have not experienced any issues.

(12-15-2018, 06:06 AM)Luke Wrote: I think you may also want to ask over at OMV forum about the rdp plugin. Personally I run vnc4server on OMV with a mate and have not experienced any issues.
As you know (from this post) I also use a RaspberryPi also with OMV and OMV-Extras> Plugins> openmediavault-remotedesktop 4.0.1. Since I have no problems everything works 100%. It MUST be on RockPro64 or OS. Have tried different images Debian Stretch Minimal aarch64 / OpenMediaVault Stretch armhf both same mistakes.
(There are unfortunately several bugs with RockPro)
I will inevitably try it with VNC take. I wanted to avoid external services.
Well, perhaps if you provide logs it will be easier to detrmine the issue. Please pastebin them - both syslog and rdp log.

Also, have you tried mainline ? I run on 4.19 and have no issues (32bit version)

(12-15-2018, 03:52 PM)Luke Wrote: Well, perhaps if you provide logs it will be easier to detrmine the issue. Please pastebin them - both syslog and rdp log.

Also, have you tried mainline ? I run on 4.19 and have no issues (32bit version)

I am so angry. Everything I try does not work. It must be easy to install.
In the openmediavault forum, OMV-Remote Desktop-lag-disorder
Please give step by step instructions for VNC installation.
(12-15-2018, 06:06 AM)Luke Wrote: I think you may also want to ask over at OMV forum about the rdp plugin. Personally I run vnc4server on OMV with a mate and have not experienced any issues.
I solved the problem. In my case, the stretch-openmediavault-rockpro64-0.7.9-1067-armhf.img was the problem.
Only with this stretch-openmediavault-rockpro64-0.7.11-1075-armhf.img everything works very well (until now)
Thanks to ryecoaaron, only he could help me.

(12-14-2018, 02:00 PM)Luke Wrote: So ... Reliable remote desktop can be achieved in two ways in OMV.

1) Using OMV WebBUI: set up your user first an make sure that your user has a home directory (this is a must) as well as elevated privilages (sudoers group) [edit] adding user to sudoers is conveniant, but not necessary. After you set this install the RDP plugin. From here its pretty straight forgward - you connect using your OMV credentials.

2) VNC server: the alternative route is to install VNC from CLI (which I prefer) - you'll still have to make your user have a home folder and I suggest you add user to sudeors. Then install the destkop you want - I suggest mate, xfce or lxde. Reboot. After ssh into the OMV install and install your favorite VNC server.

I've tried both and in my experience both work well.
It is not necessary to create a home directory and assign sudo rights for user. With root login works perfectly.