Hi & some doubts
Hi everybody!!!

I just brought a RockPro64 and I have few doubts/questions.

It is absolutely necessary have an eMMC module if I want to install Android 8.x.x. or I could use it just with my SD card???

I not sure what OS I should use. I would like use my RockPro64 mostly for watch 4k/2k/1080/720 movies, Netflix/HBO/Amazon and internet navigation. What OS do you recommend me?
I was thinking in Android 8 or 7 because I know nothing about the others options (DietPi, LibreELEC, Debian, Linux, etc, etc).

Please, could you recommend me one of them?

Thanks in advance for your help.
(12-04-2018, 02:18 AM)molnar Wrote: It is absolutely necessary have an eMMC module if I want to install Android 8.x.x. or I could use it just with my SD card???

No, but emmc is 10x faster than sdcard

Quote:I not sure what OS I should use. I would like use my RockPro64 mostly for watch 4k/2k/1080/720 movies, Netflix/HBO/Amazon and internet navigation. What OS do you recommend me?
I was thinking in Android 8 or 7 because I know nothing about the others options (DietPi, LibreELEC, Debian, Linux, etc, etc).

If you aren't familiar with linux distributions, go with android, otherwise there is a learning curve.
(12-04-2018, 04:14 AM)evilbunny Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 02:18 AM)molnar Wrote: It is absolutely necessary have an eMMC module if I want to install Android 8.x.x. or I could use it just with my SD card???

No, but emmc is 10x faster than sdcard

Quote:I not sure what OS I should use. I would like use my RockPro64 mostly for watch 4k/2k/1080/720 movies, Netflix/HBO/Amazon and internet navigation. What OS do you recommend me?

If you aren't familiar with linux distributions, go with android, otherwise there is a learning curve.

Thank you for your response. 
In your opinion, what linux distribution should I choose for my personal requirements?

Cheers.
If watching media is the main thing you want to do, then use LibreELEC : https://libreelec.tv/2018/11/libreelec-l...008-alpha/
Not sure if support for Amazon + Netflix has already been implemente (via add-on), but its been in the works for quite some time and the rk3399 may just be powerful enough to sw render netflix and amazon at 720p (limitation with netflix / amazon implementation). Otherwise, stick to Android.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(12-04-2018, 06:41 AM)Luke Wrote: If watching media is the main thing you want to do, then use LibreELEC : https://libreelec.tv/2018/11/libreelec-l...008-alpha/
Not sure if support for Amazon + Netflix has already been implemente  (via add-on), but its been in the works for quite some time and the rk3399 may just be powerful enough to sw render netflix and amazon at 720p (limitation with netflix / amazon implementation). Otherwise, stick to Android.

Great!!!

Thank you very much for your help guys!!!