Bluetooth Keyboard - Mouse
I am going to set up my 'Pine 64+' with 'Lubuntu' (Linux).  For this application I will need a keyboard and mouse.  I am seriously considering using Bluetooth for these. 

This would also give me the option of adding additional Bluetooth peripherals in the future.   However I have no experience with Bluetooth.  

I have two questions:

1 - Can these automatically pair each time the computer is turned on so I don't need another keyboard or mouse to enable these?  

2 - Will the Pine 64+ Bluetooth be USB based or something that plugs in to one of the expansion slots?  I would ideally like to keep the USB free for other things.

Ron
(12-24-2015, 09:56 PM)Ron Piggott Wrote: I am going to set up my 'Pine 64+' with 'Lubuntu' (Linux).  For this application I will need a keyboard and mouse.  I am seriously considering using Bluetooth for these. 

This would also give me the option of adding additional Bluetooth peripherals in the future.   However I have no experience with Bluetooth.  

I have two questions:

1 - Can these automatically pair each time the computer is turned on so I don't need another keyboard or mouse to enable these?  

2 - Will the Pine 64+ Bluetooth be USB based or something that plugs in to one of the expansion slots?  I would ideally like to keep the USB free for other things.

Ron

1; For bluetooth keyboard and mouse, you need to manually pair them. This process similar to computer or smartphone bluetooth pairing process. Please note that you also need the Pine A64 optional Wifi/BT add-on module for bluetooth feature.
2. The Pine64 bluetooth combo with Wifi and occupied its owns slot, both USB ports still free for other usage.
(12-24-2015, 10:17 PM)tllim Wrote:
(12-24-2015, 09:56 PM)Ron Piggott Wrote: I am going to set up my 'Pine 64+' with 'Lubuntu' (Linux).  For this application I will need a keyboard and mouse.  I am seriously considering using Bluetooth for these. 

I have two questions:

Ron

1; For bluetooth keyboard and mouse, you need to manually pair them. This process similar to computer or smartphone bluetooth pairing process. Please note that you also need the Pine A64 optional Wifi/BT add-on module for bluetooth feature.

I've now found these instructions for automatic pairing.  An alternative keyboard will be needed to do this programming.
(12-25-2015, 08:39 PM)Ron Piggott Wrote:
(12-24-2015, 10:17 PM)tllim Wrote:

I have two questions:

Ron

I've now found these instructions for automatic pairing.  An alternative keyboard will be needed to do this programming.

You can try out.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bluetooth low energy dworkin 1 3,376 11-22-2016, 10:12 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Wifi/Bluetooth module riahim 7 8,758 07-05-2016, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Ghost