How-To, non-X11: Get 4K (>2560x1600) framebuffer, DRM, GBM, Kodi on HDMI
It sounds like your first cmake didn't actually succeed.
The first cmake is like "./configure" for traditional compilation.
It is checking for libraries, dependencies, and certain scripts and bin tools.
If it doesn't succeed, it won't create the Makefile for the second cmake step.
You will need to install whatever it is complaining about, then run the first cmake step again, and keep installing the things it's complaining about until it actually succeeds.
I simply did 'apt install' of 90% of the things it asked for and it was fine.
(Unfortunately, I didn't make a list of those things, would have made this a lot easier.)

The problem with multi-threaded building (-j parameter with a number, like -j10), is that the errors get nested so deep you can't read them because of the multiple jobs running.
When any cmake step fails, switch to not using the -j parameter just so you can more easily see what is wrong.
(12-13-2018, 09:48 AM)fosf0r Wrote: It sounds like your first cmake didn't actually succeed.
The first cmake is like "./configure" for traditional compilation.
It is checking for libraries, dependencies, and certain scripts and bin tools.
If it doesn't succeed, it won't create the Makefile for the second cmake step.
You will need to install whatever it is complaining about, then run the first cmake step again, and keep installing the things it's complaining about until it actually succeeds.
I simply did 'apt install' of 90% of the things it asked for and it was fine.
(Unfortunately, I didn't make a list of those things, would have made this a lot easier.)

The problem with multi-threaded building (-j parameter with a number, like -j10), is that the errors get nested so deep you can't read them because of the multiple jobs running.
When any cmake step fails, switch to not using the -j parameter just so you can more easily see what is wrong.

Thought so, most likely missing a dependency, could you point me to where to find dependencies to install before making the build. I understand making the list might take time so if you just point me where to find them ill just install everything and cross my fingers.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...d-packages

autoconf, automake, autopoint, gettext, autotools-dev, cmake, curl, default-jre | openjdk-6-jre | openjdk-7-jre, gawk, gcc (>= 4.9) | gcc-4.9, g++ (>= 4.9) | g++-4.9, cpp (>= 4.9) | cpp-4.9, flatbuffers, gdc, gperf, libasound2-dev | libasound-dev, libass-dev (>= 0.9.8), libavahi-client-dev, libavahi-common-dev, libbluetooth-dev, libbluray-dev, libbz2-dev, libcdio-dev, libcec4-dev | libcec-dev, libp8-platform-dev, libcrossguid-dev, libcurl4-openssl-dev | libcurl4-gnutls-dev | libcurl-dev, libcwiid-dev, libdbus-1-dev, libegl1-mesa-dev, libenca-dev, libflac-dev, libfontconfig-dev, libfmt3-dev | libfmt-dev, libfreetype6-dev, libfribidi-dev, libfstrcmp-dev, libgcrypt-dev, libgif-dev (>= 5.0.5), libgles2-mesa-dev [armel] | libgl1-mesa-dev | libgl-dev, libglew-dev, libglu1-mesa-dev | libglu-dev, libgnutls-dev | libgnutls28-dev, libgpg-error-dev, libiso9660-dev, libjpeg-dev, liblcms2-dev, liblirc-dev, libltdl-dev, liblzo2-dev, libmicrohttpd-dev, libmysqlclient-dev, libnfs-dev, libogg-dev, libomxil-bellagio-dev [armel], libpcre3-dev, libplist-dev, libpng12-dev | libpng-dev, libpulse-dev, libshairplay-dev, libsmbclient-dev, libsqlite3-dev, libssl-dev, libtag1-dev (>= 1.8) | libtag1x8, libtiff5-dev | libtiff-dev | libtiff4-dev, libtinyxml-dev, libtool, libudev-dev, libva-dev, libvdpau-dev, libvorbis-dev, libxkbcommon-dev, libxmu-dev, libxrandr-dev, libxslt1-dev | libxslt-dev, libxt-dev, waylandpp-dev | netcat, wayland-protocols | wipe, lsb-release, nasm [!amd64], python-dev, python-pil | python-imaging, python-support | python-minimal, rapidjson-dev, swig, unzip, uuid-dev, yasm, zip, zlib1g-dev

note: it's all run together and there's a lot of "or"'s in there, indicated by pipes, delimited by commas, and a bunch of things you may not need, it depends Smile
im surprised there is not a switch you can give to apt to get dev dependencies.... or make an easy list... i mean if you are running terminal and not using ssh that can be one hell of a keyboard mashup....
Speak
If I remember correctly, if you just always install the -dev version of everything, it also installs the non-dev pieces too, but 'apt' won't mark the non-dev package as 'installed' if you do that.
I'm not 100% sure if all -dev packages work that way.
I set my system up the hard way - I installed the libs at first and then later installed the -dev versions whenever the compile would fail.

None of the packages are really consistent about naming conventions and whatnot.
For several libs, I had to remove the version number, and append -dev, and sometimes I had to ADD the version number.
Sometimes I had to add the minor version too, or the version number was separated by a dash first, when it wasn't using a dash in the non-dev version.
Stuff like that.
It almost never worked when I just appended "-dev" to the already installed non-dev version of the package.
Had to keep 'apt search'ing because I'm not that bright.

( Within the next 1-3 weeks, I'm going to format AGAIN with ubuntu minimal and do the entire deployment again, and THIS time I will write down the entire stack of 'apt install' stuff needed to build kodi my way, and I'll do it using the minimal amount of packages possible, -dev only, etc. )

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RockPro64 - HDMI and higher resolutions PakoSt 0 1,320 11-16-2021, 03:48 PM
Last Post: PakoSt
  OMV to Kodi Streaming Issues cogito808 12 16,695 05-25-2021, 08:30 AM
Last Post: helpmerock
  RockPro64 Linux Manjaro HDMI 4K mkne 12 14,296 05-03-2020, 07:23 AM
Last Post: PakoSt
  Debian, Kodi and the Spotify plugin. Pineapple 1 2,811 10-14-2019, 10:02 PM
Last Post: SBCraok
  Linux distro that will work with Kodi? SBCraok 9 11,571 09-18-2019, 02:12 AM
Last Post: mtrcycllvr