kernel 4.x
Why only Arch Linux has kernel 4.x version?

When rest of images upgrade kernel to 4.x?

I see in kernelnewbies a lot of features for arm64... ;(
Hi,

Same here, 3.10 seems to be a very old kernel.
Is there any doc about what are the remaining issues that prevent pinebook to run a recent kernel (4.9 or above)?
Many mainline images are now coming out: Manjaro (today), AOSC, Armbian (soon-ish), just to name a few.
4.20 will add a lot of support for the A64
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(11-13-2018, 06:48 AM)Luke Wrote: Many mainline images are now coming out: Manjaro (today), AOSC, Armbian (soon-ish), just to name a few.

I was poking around the internet a few days ago trying to figure out if the default KDE Neon install that came with the recent pinebooks with 1080 screens will be getting a kernel upgrade. It's not clear to me if any such update is coming. Should I start looking at the other builds?

I may be completely wrong about this but to get a working HDMI port it is going to come from a kernel update? I haven't seen that this is working in any build yet. Does anyone know different?
(11-19-2018, 06:34 PM)boballen55 Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 06:48 AM)Luke Wrote: Many mainline images are now coming out: Manjaro (today), AOSC, Armbian (soon-ish), just to name a few.

I was poking around the internet a few days ago trying to figure out if the default KDE Neon install that came with the recent pinebooks with 1080 screens will be getting a kernel upgrade. It's not clear to me if any such update is coming. Should I start looking at the other builds?

I may be completely wrong about this but to get a working HDMI port it is going to come from a kernel update? I haven't seen that this is working in any build yet. Does anyone know different?

Neon will switch over to mainline when lima is stable / offering good performance. As for HDMI output - that works on mainline already.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(11-19-2018, 06:56 PM)Luke Wrote:

Neon will switch over to mainline when lima is stable / offering good performance. As for HDMI output - that works on mainline already.

That's kinda lame.
(11-19-2018, 06:56 PM)Luke Wrote:

Forgive my ignorance, lima refers to what exactly? Quick googling, is that a project to reverse engineer support for the GPU? What's your best guess on a timeframe? Just trying to decide if I start messing with the other builds. Also, is there a way a novice might contribute to testing lima?

Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kernel 5.2 and OpenSource Mali Driver matze79 13 18,599 09-27-2019, 11:09 AM
Last Post: macacob
  KDE Neon Image - Where can i find the Kernel Source ? matze79 4 5,861 08-14-2019, 04:27 AM
Last Post: matze79
  PPP support & kernel update eblot 0 2,062 11-13-2018, 04:58 AM
Last Post: eblot
  4.X Kernel? Corkonian 1 3,273 09-14-2018, 06:21 AM
Last Post: Luke
  Q4os upgraded from Jessie to Stretch - how to upgrade kernel tillea 4 5,369 11-02-2017, 12:24 AM
Last Post: q4osteam
  Understanding Kernel Choice fordiebianco 3 4,672 07-02-2017, 07:33 AM
Last Post: fordiebianco