Is it "late October" yet?
Like many of you, I'm looking forward to receiving my Pinebook 11.6". They were supposed to ship "in late October".

So, I'm just wondering if anybody has received a notice that theirs has shipped?
Not I, even tho I am Pining for it. Yeah I know 10,000 out of work comedians and all...
I've got information about shipping in "mid of October", I'm still waiting for confirmation of shipment.
Its not a big deal for me, AFAIK due to large interest in pinebooks some of them are going to be shipped at the end of October/start of November.

But still it would be nice to receive some more "official" information about the status of production and shipping Wink
(10-20-2018, 10:46 AM)fitter Wrote: I've got information about shipping in "mid of October", I'm still waiting for confirmation of shipment.
Its not a big deal for me, AFAIK due to large interest in pinebooks some of them are going to be shipped at the end of October/start of November.

But still it would be nice to receive some more "official" information about the status of production and shipping Wink

they did not specify the year, or did they?
(10-21-2018, 02:50 AM)Corkonian Wrote: they did not specify the year, or did they?

Yes, they did, in an email to me on September 26th, 2018:
"Order 82044 will be shipped in end of October, 2018 via DHL. We will send you DHL AWB # after shipping. Lead time 3-5 days.

Regards,
Pine64 team"
Wow, I'd love to get a Pinebook but didn't want to throw my money away.  I can understand that taking orders is part of how they fund production but I thought they were dead in the water with nothing happening.  Please post when you get it.
The Pinebooks are rolling off the factory line. The issue is that KDE guys need to fix support for the higher resolution IPS panel in the new Pinebooks - and their Pinebooks got stuck in customs. Shipping will start when the image works... hopefully by the end of the week.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(10-23-2018, 06:23 AM)Luke Wrote: The Pinebooks are rolling off the factory line. The issue is that KDE guys need to fix support for the higher resolution IPS panel in the new Pinebooks - and their Pinebooks got stuck in customs. Shipping will start when the image works... hopefully by the end of the week.

So we will see KDE as OS?
As usual, it comes with 16 GB and the 64 is user replaceable, effectively turning the 16 GB into a useless chip that ends it's life somewhere in a matchbox, not?
Do we have a link to d/l the image to allow the 64 GB to be used?
Will it have all the features like sound/WiFi, HDMI?
Will we see GPU support?
Will we see support for Spotify/Netflix?
Hmm, I'm interested in the 14 inch and now the page at https://www.pine64.org/?page_id=3832 says only the 11 inch is available.  I'll still need my reading glasses for 14 inch, 11 isn't worth bothering with.

Higher resolution?  I thought they were all 1024x768.  I have an old Dell that's 1024x768, the problem is that some programs use windows that aren't resizeble and everybody writes on 1920x1080 and up these days, they forget that smaller screens are out there.  With 1024x768 I can barely fit 4 rxvt terminals on the screen at once if I drop them down 1 font size from standard.  I mostly do programing so one for the editor, one to run Make in, one for looking things up in man pages, 1 to see program output in and misc.  And at least 6 panes in the pager.

KDE?  Haven't looked at it in 15 years.  I mostly use LXDE if not fvwm.  But I can understand they have enough clout to hold things up.
Quote:So we will see KDE as OS?
As default OS, yes. That is the plan.

Quote:As usual, it comes with 16 GB and the 64 is user replaceable, effectively turning the 16 GB into a useless chip that ends it's life somewhere in a matchbox, not?
Yes

Quote:Do we have a link to d/l the image to allow the 64 GB to be used?
Don't understand your question.

Quote:Will it have all the features like sound/WiFi, HDMI?
Sound and WiFi work. Not sure HDMI out does.

Quote:Will we see GPU support?
Yes. Its Plasma - I believe it needs it.

Quote:Will we see support for Spotify/Netflix?
Don't know.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter