armsoc_dri.so, No such file or directory
I have a rockpro64 with bionic-minimal-rockpro64-0.7.10-1072-armhf.img installed on a sd card.
It runs just fine until I tried to install a desktop.

I ran /usr/local/sbin/install_desktop.sh mate and it installed a gazilion of packages.

After reboot I just get a cursor on a blank screen. After investigating the logfile ~/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log it says:

[  2609.954] (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri/armsoc_dri.so failed
(/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri/armsoc_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
[  2609.954] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
[  2610.034] (II) IGLX: enabled GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer
[  2610.037] (II) IGLX: Loaded and initialized swrast
[  2610.037] (II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0
[  2610.038] (II) ARMSOC(0): Setting screen physical size to 508 x 285
[  2610.070] (EE) ARMSOCPrepareAccess: Failed to map buffer

I cant find the file armsoc_dri.so anyware. Any tips?
Somewhere, but I guess on IRC as a quick search here I cant find it, was posted that missing armsoc_dri.so is a fact as it never existed. But you should have /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/armsoc_drv.so

So that is normal - your next error (failing to map buffer) is far more interesting - seems you have an odd screen? (508x285) Can you swap to something standard?

But are you sure there is a real problem - if you have an openbox desktop a right mouse click on the desktop will bring up a menu?
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(10-17-2018, 02:29 AM)dukla2000 Wrote: Somewhere, but I guess on IRC as a quick search here I cant find it, was posted that missing armsoc_dri.so is a fact as it never existed. But you should have /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/armsoc_drv.so

So that is normal - your next error (failing to map buffer) is far more interesting - seems you have an odd screen? (508x285) Can you swap to something standard?

But are you sure there is a real problem - if you have an openbox desktop a right mouse click on the desktop will bring up a menu?

I have a standard monitor connected to the rockpro64. The monitor can handle solutions up to 1920x1080.  I have no idea why the rockpro wants to use the solution 508x285. The monitor works very well with my Odroid XU4.

I do not have any desktop working at all, only the console.

I have tried ayufans bionic-lxde-rockpro64-0.7.10-1072-arm64.img image and the lxde-desktop  works (at 1920x1080) but I dont like lxde and want the mate desktop.
I came across this issue myself and I think what got past it was going to the X server config file /etc/X11/xorg.conf and I commented out the line that mentioned armsoc in there.
Don't remember exactly what I did but it was something like that.
(10-18-2018, 12:10 PM)Pitcrawler Wrote: I came across this issue myself and I think what got past it was going to the X server config file /etc/X11/xorg.conf and I commented out the line that mentioned armsoc in there.
Don't remember exactly what I did but it was something like that.
Thanks but
I gave up and downloaded a dietpi distribution for rockpro64 instead.
Much more stable!
(dietpi.com)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OpenVPN will not start Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: No such file or director frewind 0 1,757 04-28-2019, 01:31 PM
Last Post: frewind