Kodi -> SPDIFAdapter -> External Decoder
Hi all,
I am thinking on getting an Rock64 to replace my old computer that serves as a the media center in my place.
By looking at the forums and at the almost non-existant docs on the DAC adapter I could not figure out if it will work on my case or not:

- I want to run h265 from an NAS (gigabit) on Kodi and send the audio via the optical cable to be decoded on my external sound system. Does the board and daughter board support pass through audio including DTS?

Cheers! Heart
Never tried kodi and don't have the DAC adapter here, but I can confirm that the spdif device is working and capable of pass through.
I have just connected an optical transmitter directly to the pin header and tested pass through with "aplay -D hw:2" and a DTS 5.1 .wav file.
That's great to hear! If pass through works from the terminal, it should work from any software.  Smile
(10-13-2018, 01:09 PM)jufranz Wrote: Hi all,
I am thinking on getting an Rock64 to replace my old computer that serves as a the media center in my place.
By looking at the forums and at the almost non-existant docs on the DAC adapter I could not figure out if it will work on my case or not:

- I want to run h265 from an NAS (gigabit) on Kodi and send the audio via the optical cable to be decoded on my external sound system. Does the board and daughter board support pass through audio including DTS?

Cheers! Heart

Just to confirm  is this using without a buffer just like you described here? https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=5126
Do you mind sharing the hardware you've used and the pins?

Big Grin
Sorry for the late reply.

I got a TOTX147 from ebay, but I guess any with 3V supply voltage will do. No buffer needed. (Its on the DAC board for the coax spdif). Just connect GND (Pin 15), 3.3V (Pin1) and spdif (Pin13) and a 100nF Cap between GND and 3.3V. All pins on the smaller header.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which Voltage and Amper to supply both Rock64 + External drive enclosure ? prog-amateur 0 2,476 08-21-2020, 09:16 PM
Last Post: prog-amateur
  USB3 enough to power 2,5 external HDD? va88 11 13,870 06-06-2019, 03:40 PM
Last Post: va88
  Recommendation for external hdd enclosure majortom 1 2,685 05-16-2019, 04:54 AM
Last Post: davidm