cdn-dp fec00000.dp: Direct firmware load for rockchip/dptx.bin failed with error -2
I began this thread (mistakenly?) on the release GitHub page for ayufan-rock64, found here:

https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-build/issues/270

After a few days of no answer there, I figured I should post what's been going on over here in the forums.

Hello all. Big, big fan of your hard work and determination, ayufan.

The following occurred using both of these images:
1: stretch-openmediavault-rockpro64-0.7.9-1067-arm64.img.xz
2: stretch-openmediavault-rockpro64-0.7.9-1067-armhf.img.xz

The title says it all. On first boot, the console shows the following error more than once (at least twice):

Code:
cdn-dp fec00000.dp: Direct firmware load for rockchip/dptx.bin failed with error -2

and

Code:
cdn-dp fec00000.dp: [drm:cdn_dp_request_firmware] *ERROR* Timed out trying to load firmware

The first few times I attempted to get to the IP, the screen loaded blue but nothing else. After it timed-out, I tried a Ctrl+F5 (clean refresh), and it loaded even less this time. I did the usual troubleshooting: let it run for awhile, then reboot - no change; tried the other image for OMV on Rock64Pro - no change.

So I decided to give it some time, see if I could think of anything I missed. I unplugged the power (why, oh why, did the Pine64 team NOT include a power button on the power supply? There's no chance to press the small board button after you plug it in - it just boots.)

I just came back, again, plugged it in. Nothing different. Nothing at all. The SAME error messages occur, but this time the web interface works. It even times me out (as it should) when I'm not active. So, that's weird. But is it functional?

My issue is, if the unit says the firmware isn't loading, should I try using it? As well, did I choose the incorrect images? Did I miss a step?

1: Built the unit (Pine64 storage case + Rock64Pro + 2x 6TB drives + 12V/6A power supply)
2: Used Etcher to load images (above) to 16GB Class 10 microSD
3: Booted

Please tell me what to try next ...

Messages In This Thread
cdn-dp fec00000.dp: Direct firmware load for rockchip/dptx.bin failed with error -2 - by kuerious - 09-06-2018, 01:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question My Rockpro64 stopped booting with these error messages please help seaurchin 4 4,587 02-18-2021, 04:27 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Question about gstreamer-rockchip and mpp mire 1 4,175 09-13-2019, 06:57 AM
Last Post: grkblood13
  issues loading firmware and missing pci card rich0 7 8,605 04-06-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: rich0
  xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.6.auto: ERROR Transfer event for disabled endpoint jzhang18 4 5,325 12-24-2018, 12:56 PM
Last Post: jzhang18