Lithium 3.7 Volt Battery
(05-28-2016, 03:54 AM)UnixOutlaw Wrote: I bought 4 x 3.7 v LiPO 2000Mh batteries - assuming they'd work on Pine64 (I bought them for CHIP originally - but hoped they'd be interchange-able)...  But connector is wrong.

It would be >NICE< if Pine could provide some part numbers for people OUTSIDE the USA to buy compatible batteries...

And I can't find any diagrams of which pins do what on the LiPO connector...  I'm assuming that the middle pin does nothing - or is GND ?

In general, any 3.7v Lipo battery will work. The first pin is positive, the third pin is ground, the info posted at Pine64 wiki page on the main board connector information. The middle pin is temp sensor for those battery that has temp sensor.
(05-28-2016, 06:56 PM)tllim Wrote:
(05-28-2016, 03:54 AM)UnixOutlaw Wrote: I bought 4 x 3.7 v LiPO 2000Mh batteries - assuming they'd work on Pine64 (I bought them for CHIP originally - but hoped they'd be interchange-able)...  But connector is wrong.

It would be >NICE< if Pine could provide some part numbers for people OUTSIDE the USA to buy compatible batteries...

And I can't find any diagrams of which pins do what on the LiPO connector...  I'm assuming that the middle pin does nothing - or is GND ?

In general, any 3.7v Lipo battery will work. The first pin is positive, the third pin is ground, the info posted at Pine64 wiki page on the main board connector information. The middle pin is temp sensor for those battery that has temp sensor.
It would be really helpful to be told of a UK equivalent. i've been looking on fleabay, amazon etc but they all seem to be very low mAh. The chinese ones on ebay seem ok but delivery wait and import times are long, and they dont actually have the connector either. Any help would be good?
(05-29-2016, 11:08 AM)ajsullivan Wrote:

It would be really helpful to be told of a UK equivalent. i've been looking on fleabay, amazon etc but they all seem to be very low mAh. The chinese ones on ebay seem ok but delivery wait and import times are long, and they dont actually have the connector either. Any help would be good?

Due to Lithium battery can blow up and cause fire, I cannot simply recommend.
(05-29-2016, 10:26 PM)tllim Wrote:

TLim - I can't find any doco about which pins to what on the board at the wiki...  There's a VERY badly over-exposed photo pointing 
[Image: Pine64_Board_Connector.png]
to the connector - and this information as text on the page :

Quote:Power Usage
  • Input Power: DC 5V @ 2A, 3.7V Li-Ion battery connector, microUSB connector, Euler connector

• Power Consumption: 2.5W

This image just mentions "3 pins" :
[Image: Pine64_Connector.JPG]

(also - "Wifi+BT" is an add-on - and BT doesn't work in Android 5.1.1 - and I can't get it to work in Debian Jessie either)

This document is not very helpful :
http://files.pine64.org/doc/Pine%20A64%2...160119.pdf

I don't want to read a board schematic - I'm not an electrical engineer - I just want to make sure, hopefully with the help of a NICE pretty picture, I'm connecting the right pins when I hook up a battery to it...

I am not asking for a recommendation, I am asking for a link to a product that would fit the board! Its not the battery as such, it is the connector. I hope that makes a bit more sense. Smile

Thanks
(05-30-2016, 03:37 AM)ajsullivan Wrote:

I am not asking for a recommendation, I am asking for a link to a product that would fit the board! Its not the battery as such, it is the connector. I hope that makes a bit more sense. Smile

Thanks

Noted, I will release our Lithium battery data sheet on this week as a reference.
(05-30-2016, 02:47 AM)UnixOutlaw Wrote:

TLim - I can't find any doco about which pins to what on the board at the wiki...  There's a VERY badly over-exposed photo pointing 

• Input Power: DC 5V @ 2A, 3.7V Li-Ion battery connector, microUSB connector, Euler connector

(also - "Wifi+BT" is an add-on - and BT doesn't work in Android 5.1.1 - and I can't get it to work in Debian Jessie either)

I don't want to read a board schematic - I'm not an electrical engineer - I just want to make sure, hopefully with the help of a NICE pretty picture, I'm connecting the right pins when I hook up a battery to it...

I just check Pine64 wiki page and looks like we miss out this info. I will put in this info together with our Lithium Battery spec on this week.
(05-30-2016, 02:55 PM)tllim Wrote:
(05-30-2016, 02:47 AM)UnixOutlaw Wrote:
(05-28-2016, 06:56 PM)tllim Wrote: In general, any 3.7v Lipo battery will work. The first pin is positive, the third pin is ground, the info posted at Pine64 wiki page on the main board connector information. The middle pin is temp sensor for those battery that has temp sensor.

I just check Pine64 wiki page and looks like we miss out this info. I will put in this info together with our Lithium Battery spec on this week.

Why not get a professional to take a look at ALL of the disjointed, convoluted, chaos and partial information and disinformation? - and put together something co-ordinated and simple to follow?  Is that so hard?  I'd possibly even do it - but - I do have a job that I need to do so I can feed my family and keep a roof over their heads...

Don't promise stuff if you're not 100% sure you can deliver (e.g. if you say you'll do something next week, DO IT, or don't say you will0...
For anyone living in the UK, a suitable battery can be purchased from Farnell. They sell at least five different 3.7v LiPo batteries that have a 3-pin connector, providing either 300 mAh, 600 mAh, 980 mAh, 1100 mAh or 1350 mAh. The URL for the 1100 mAh battery is http://uk.farnell.com/bak/lp-503562-is-3...dp/2077886
David Hardingham
Unfortunately, the LiPo batteries from Farnell come with the wrong 3-pin connector. The connector is too large!
David Hardingham

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Lithium battery temperature readout? GregH 0 1,874 03-12-2020, 12:05 AM
Last Post: GregH
  Battery level measurement? HugoRabson 2 4,212 03-08-2017, 06:30 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Travelling with the Pine64 (and Lipo battery) psychedup 2 4,568 02-17-2017, 08:18 PM
Last Post: tllim
  CR2032 Battery holder - sanity check xalius 23 26,491 01-23-2017, 07:41 PM
Last Post: DonFL
  Battery temp pin? SvdSinner 1 3,814 12-13-2016, 11:35 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  battery power in android UnixOutlaw 40 51,809 09-25-2016, 07:54 PM
Last Post: tllim
  RTC Backup Battery - CR sbentjies 6 9,347 07-15-2016, 06:35 PM
Last Post: jwouellette
  Battery Datasheet xalius 0 2,458 06-20-2016, 07:38 PM
Last Post: xalius
  Lithium 'salt and battery UnixOutlaw 0 2,359 05-29-2016, 09:32 PM
Last Post: UnixOutlaw
  Minor note about the RTC battery MichaelMeissner 12 17,923 02-18-2016, 05:17 AM
Last Post: German