Make Wiki Great Again
Information 
Hello.

I am here to ask for the community to help. In the past week some users have taken it upon themselves to contribute to RockPro64 section of the wiki and have done a much greater job that I could have hoped for. I am linking this section as I will refer back to it in this post since it has the preferred standard, content and structure.

But the RockPro64 is just one section out of 9 (not counting subsections) sections; it would be great to see more engagement in the remaining parts - especially from the regulars on the forum - who would ideally help in editing, contributing to, and maintaining the wiki. That said, every forum member with privileges to post un-moderated content on the forum is also allowed to edit the wiki.

To be more precise here is what needs to be done / what I'd like help with:

1. Update and improve the project section. Instructions regarding structure and contents of the section can be found at the top of the section. Help in this section would include: i) adding the RockPro64 and Pine H64 to the matrix ii) finding and adding projects that user have created in the past 6 months iii) helping maintain the section.
  2. Update the i) Rock64; ii) Pine A64; iii) Pine A64-LTS / SOPine; iv) Pine H64; and v) Pinebook sections. For inspiration and structure please look at what community has done with the on the aforementioned RockPro64 subsection of the wiki. I am aware that this is a significant task - each and single one of the main board sections would require a number of hours. If you're up for it, make sure to let me (and others) know so that workload can be divided up.
  3. Keep the build versions and links up-to-date - this goes for all PINE64 devices.
  4. Add new Linux, *BSD and Android builds for the respective devices. In short, if you see that a OS image has been pushed or a new one was made available then please update the wiki with it in the relevant section. New builds pop up everyday and developers don't always make us aware of their work. Sometimes we also miss their messages (this is just one recent example). Its impossible to follow all third-party development and always stay on-top of adding builds - help with this would be much appreciated.
  5. Update the NOOB section with information relevant to the PineH64 and RockPro64. This would include editing the wiki for instances where e.g. instructions for flashing list particular boards (currently neither are listed anywhere) or where board specific instructions are provided.
  6. Come up with a comprehensive idea for this section, develop it and help maintain it. 

If ~10 people decide to contribute and to coordinate the work then it will all be done within a couple of weeks. I am happy to help out in any way I can, so let me how I can be of help.
Lets us this thread for letting others know if you're interested and what you're interested in.
Thanks!
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

OK, let it be! Wink

I have a minor note on the images. When I upload a new version of an image, it's not shown immediately but after some time (hours?!). Why is this? Is this a bug, a hidden feature, or something else? To circumvent this, I'm forced to upload new files, increasing complexity unnecessarily. (At first, I thought that my browser's cache isn't updated, but now I'm sure that this is not the case.)
are there instructions on how to install the IR sensor that comes with the NAS case?
lucho, no clue about the images. Very strange. Perhaps its some system to prevent people from uploading insensitive or inappropriate images ? I honestly don't know - lets wait and see what the admin says (I will point this thread out to her).

Firesped, not sure. Now that you mentioned it, I think that the NAS case is a significant/ large enough accessory that it should find its way into the wiki too ...

(08-20-2018, 01:13 PM)Luke Wrote: lucho, no clue about the images. Very strange. Perhaps its some system to prevent people from uploading insensitive or inappropriate images ? I honestly don't know - lets wait and see what the admin says (I will point this thread out to her).

It probably has to do with the so-called "server cache purging". If I click the image on the wiki page, and click on it once again to show the image file itself, then adding "?action=purge" to the URL shows me the updated image. However, then reloading the same URL without the "?action=purge" still shows the old image. But the next day, the new image will be shown. Thus, the server must be doing the purging on itself during the night. This is either a bug or a misconfiguration, but unfortunately I'm not expert on that.
(08-21-2018, 08:16 AM)lucho Wrote:
(08-20-2018, 01:13 PM)Luke Wrote: lucho, no clue about the images. Very strange. Perhaps its some system to prevent people from uploading insensitive or inappropriate images ? I honestly don't know - lets wait and see what the admin says (I will point this thread out to her).

It probably has to do with the so-called "server cache purging". If I click the image on the wiki page, and click on it once again to show the image file itself, then adding "?action=purge" to the URL shows me the updated image. However, then reloading the same URL without the "?action=purge" still shows the old image. But the next day, the new image will be shown. Thus, the server must be doing the purging on itself during the night. This is either a bug or a misconfiguration, but unfortunately I'm not expert on that.

Neither am I, so don't know. I can ask Pineadmin to look into that too.
In any case, thanks for explaining !

well since a long time wiki keep helping people to gain knowledge and stuff so imo wiki should be voted for the best online information portal ...
If you try to login to the wiki with 'GRATS' it says my user doesn't exist, you say in your post I should be able to?
(06-25-2019, 03:43 PM)GRATS Wrote: If you try to login to the wiki with 'GRATS' it says my user doesn't exist, you say in your post I should be able to?

It absolutely should. Interesting. Let me ping @fire219 - he may have an insight into why you're encountering the issue.
I assume you've cleared cache, cookies, and danced around the tottempole for 2min and nothing worked?

(06-25-2019, 03:59 PM)Luke Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 03:43 PM)GRATS Wrote: If you try to login to the wiki with 'GRATS' it says my user doesn't exist, you say in your post I should be able to?

It absolutely should. Interesting. Let me ping @fire219 - he may have an insight into why you're encountering the issue.
I assume you've cleared cache, cookies, and danced around the tottempole for 2min and nothing worked?

https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php?title=...=Main+Page

Is this the right place to login?
Just put "GRATS" in there and any random password it says 
Quote:Login error

There is no user by the name "GRATS". Check your spelling.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine64 wiki capatcha nixcamic 0 1,117 02-05-2022, 11:38 PM
Last Post: nixcamic
  Is it possible to make a cluster Sophine crypto unit? Omnios 2 2,123 11-20-2021, 06:24 AM
Last Post: ryo
  Recent changes to the Pine64 wiki dsimic 4 4,021 04-22-2021, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Daniel972
  Please make the laptop of my dreams! :D DraxDomax 6 6,290 02-03-2021, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Gotomaer
  unable to make or receive calls jba32409 3 4,789 12-22-2020, 03:21 AM
Last Post: rocket2nfinity
  Wiki and file uploads dsimic 7 7,771 12-16-2020, 08:46 AM
Last Post: dsimic
  just got blocked on wiki.pine64.org dieselnutjob 11 10,044 10-10-2020, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Avamander
Thumbs Up Received my PBP today—fast service, looks & feels great! mhill8 0 1,938 08-27-2020, 09:32 PM
Last Post: mhill8
  Locked out of wiki after changing skin. pizzalovingnerd 2 3,788 07-07-2020, 12:13 AM
Last Post: pizzalovingnerd
  wiki inaccessible bitstreamvera 4 6,054 10-02-2018, 02:51 PM
Last Post: SirSkorpan