Intel launches $250 kit to build robots with Kinect-like vision
I was reading on Geek.com [a great nerd news site if you do not already know] about this Up Board by intel. Now from a quick read as im in class  this seems to be twice the power of the PINE by that I mean the ram and usb ports [not x64 to x128 I know x128 is not real just a joke] . Now as an IT student I am still new to these mini computers and just wanted to know what people think of this "Up Board" this forum seems to give some great pros and cons to products Heart . and also project ideas Heart . I want to hear ANY AND ALL feed back you have on this as I am working on a "smart drone" and a cluster computer to process the information my drone will see and wonder if this would save me some effort in the long run. Or maybe I am just trying to do to much with my drone Huh haha but any feed back will help as even mistakes are not really mistakes when learning. 

[sorry for the rant but again im in class]
Shady2tree
Backer #16,783
Do you play STARBOUND? id like to find a good server 
Just ordered a 4G RMA+ 64G eMCC one for $173.60 (including shipping). I will let you know how good (or bad) it is when I get it.

The fact that it runs everything already is a big plus. Also, since Intel is going to ship a kit based on the board, it gives me some confidence on its sustainability.

It is Pi B form factor with 40 Pin GPIO and the same port layout. No wireless or BT on board.
(04-15-2016, 03:36 PM)alid Wrote: Just ordered a 4G RMA+ 64G eMCC one for $173.60 (including shipping). I will let you know how good (or bad) it is when I get it.

The fact that it runs everything already is a big plus. Also, since Intel is going to ship a kit based on the board, it gives me some confidence on its sustainability.

It is Pi B form factor with 40 Pin GPIO and the same port layout. No wireless or BT on board.

Nice thank you much 

what are your plans for the board?
Backer #16,783
Do you play STARBOUND? id like to find a good server 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to build Webradio from Board A64 ? Bebert 5 7,220 08-19-2020, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Bebert
Question +PINEBOOK How to go about setting up your own Jenkins build system for pine64 / pinebook images pfeerick 2 15,710 05-31-2017, 02:42 AM
Last Post: pfeerick
  robots.txt on wiki and forum lvella 3 4,985 06-11-2016, 08:55 AM
Last Post: tllim