No-Carrier
(09-04-2018, 05:27 AM)SteveG Wrote: Hold the fort! I just plugged in the patch cable AFTER the pine cluster board was powered on, with one fully booted Sopine module in place and the networking came to life! Still a bit of a problem as if that is a design decision it stinks, but at least I have a board to carry on test and development on!

Now I just need to figure out if this is deliberate, a design failure or a bug in just my board...

Thats great, will try it. Which build are you using?
(09-04-2018, 05:46 AM)axledwarf Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 05:27 AM)SteveG Wrote: Hold the fort! I just plugged in the patch cable AFTER the pine cluster board was powered on, with one fully booted Sopine module in place and the networking came to life! Still a bit of a problem as if that is a design decision it stinks, but at least I have a board to carry on test and development on!

Now I just need to figure out if this is deliberate, a design failure or a bug in just my board...

Thats great, will try it. Which build are you using?

Got the board working briefly, got an IP on the one installed module, but the network went down again after 19 pings.

Hope the new one resolves this, so annoying.
Yes, I'm having the same problem. Used several different builds so pretty sure it is hardware. I'm getting the network drop and come back up repeatedly. Still trying to resolve this with support...
New board arrived, worked perfectly right away - and I am very pleased.
I'll give the benefit of the doubt that the initial board was damaged in transit maybe, given the poor packaging this was likely.
Used the armbian build 5.38 from the Pine64 Installer, get around 1GFLOPS per module in initial tests.
(09-10-2018, 06:23 AM)axledwarf Wrote: New board arrived, worked perfectly right away - and I am very pleased.
I'll give the benefit of the doubt that the initial board was damaged in transit maybe, given the poor packaging this was likely.
Used the armbian build 5.38 from the Pine64 Installer, get around 1GFLOPS per module in initial tests.

I still have support telling me it is a DHCP problem. I have asked to speak to a grown-up.
So my board stopped working again and in trying to sort it out I have established that it seems to be a capacitance issue. If I touch the USB shield or the electrolytic capacitors at the far edge of the board networking starts working again... This is quite reproducable.