HDMI Issue...
Hello devs, is there a way to use a DVI monitor with adapter HDMI->DVI right now, if not are you planning to make this change. The vast majority of monitors are DVI or VGA, so the board is almost useless right now.

Thanks in advance
(04-13-2016, 08:33 AM)LeRoms77 Wrote: Hello devs, is there a way to use a DVI monitor with adapter HDMI->DVI right now, if not are you planning to make this change. The vast majority of monitors are DVI or VGA, so the board is almost useless right now.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Yes there is for Linux, but it needs a kernel recompile (I was directed here http://linux-sunxi.org/Banana_Pi_M3#HDMI_to_DVI_converters)

I agree with your opinion and I would vote that the HDCP disabled kernel become the default on all our images, but I guess longsleep and the other guy's putting the images together need to agree this....

Note sure about the other OS's...
(04-13-2016, 03:13 PM)frewind Wrote:
(04-13-2016, 08:33 AM)LeRoms77 Wrote: Hello devs, is there a way to use a DVI monitor with adapter HDMI->DVI right now, if not are you planning to make this change. The vast majority of monitors are DVI or VGA, so the board is almost useless right now.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Yes there is for Linux, but it needs a kernel recompile (I was directed here http://linux-sunxi.org/Banana_Pi_M3#HDMI_to_DVI_converters)

I agree with your opinion and I would vote that the HDCP disabled kernel become the default on all our images, but I guess longsleep and the other guy's putting the images together need to agree this....

Note sure about the other OS's...

Linux is my priority, i will try to compile myself...
Hope to be able to use a decent kernel (4.x) soon

thanks for your help
(04-13-2016, 03:13 PM)frewind Wrote:

Thanks in advance

I agree with your opinion and I would vote that the HDCP disabled kernel become the default on all our images

All 'our images' are based on longsleep's work so by simply using his latest images or the upgrade mechanisms he already provided for older OS images you get 'hdcp_enable = 0' already.

Then still you get wrong colors on DVI displays so either change the color model in the display from RGB to YPbPr or become an Linux expert and edit the .dtb file the kernel reads at startup.

We discussed the problem already and one potential fix would be to make this adjustable so you could edit uEnv.txt (or maybe boot.cmd in the future) and are done. This won't apply to Android images since they rely on Allwinner's BSP stuff and while you might find a useable Android SDK in the wiki and are able to to follow instructions like https://codearetoy.wordpress.com/2016/01...i-monitor/ you would have to figure out on your own whether the Android/RemixOS images make use of .dtb or sys_config.fex instead. Good luck!

And if the Pine64 folks would care at least a little bit they would start to address stuff like this (at least providing a FAQ that contains most of the relevant stuff that is already known but somewhere hidden in this useless forum). It's not necessary that 20 threads exist that are all about the same issue and still spread wrong information (hdcp_enable for example).
I have been able to boot my Pine64 board with a DVI screen, using a HDMI->DVI adapter Smile 
I have used the 'flash_u-boot_only.sh' script from longsleep build-pine64-image git repo with 'u-boot-with-dtb.bin' file

I have issue with colors... Looking for it...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  lcd touch screen and hdmi output moreaujacky 2 4,947 10-24-2018, 07:24 AM
Last Post: lisanke
  No HDMI Display need help with correct uEnv.txt settings dkebler 7 10,324 01-11-2018, 02:52 PM
Last Post: dkebler
  HDMI Compatability rahlquist 5 8,050 07-29-2017, 02:32 AM
Last Post: qwerty2002
  Ongoing HDMI limited compatability rahlquist 39 49,411 05-21-2017, 12:59 PM
Last Post: lbdroid
  No HDMI Output martinarcher 2 6,574 04-28-2017, 07:05 AM
Last Post: martinarcher
  overlapping partitions issue with resize of 8GB image put on 16GB sd card dkryder 10 11,891 10-05-2016, 11:32 AM
Last Post: dkryder
  Switching from touchscreen to HDMI AUDIOTEK 10 12,044 08-11-2016, 07:41 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  4K HDMI video output medapeta 3 6,607 06-10-2016, 04:36 PM
Last Post: shinobi
  nexdock (laptop style HDMI display w/ BT keyboard/touchpad) neoaeon 5 8,186 03-10-2016, 07:43 PM
Last Post: hrh1818