High quality metal case incoming :)
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to showcase an upcoming high quality case for the Rock64 and the future board that will be the Pine H64 B, which is shown in one of the photos.
So its not only the RockPro64 thats getting a fancy case Wink

The case is all metal (from the looks of it powder-coated) and on the inside there is a large rail that makes contact with the SOC (possibly also RAM - need to confirm this). In result the entire case - or at the least the top half - acts as a heatsink. All the cut-outs for the I/O are there - including the IR - as well as the power and reset switches.

I'll update the thread as I know more about the case itself and its availability.

[Image: MCPC1n6.jpg]

[Image: 0OjEMos.jpg]

[Image: PW8UAkY.jpg]

[Image: H3VLCvC.jpg]
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Excellent!

I need 4 please...

Would be REALLY nice to have another option to add a fan instead of the heat sink. Like the Elduino RPi cases.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh, very nice! I especially like the use of the top shell as a heatsink. If the RAM doesn't make contact, it should only take a thin bit of that thermal transfer rubber to make the difference. And if heat is still an issue, you would only need a large fan with a low airspeed blowing across the top of the case to keep it cool!

Money permitting, this might become the home for my two rock64, and of course the rockpro64 NAS case! Wink

So I take it our first gen pineH6s will be collectors items in a few years? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
This looks really cool
This is amazing!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Any update on the availability of this case yet?

(08-22-2018, 08:00 PM)jsfrederick Wrote: Any update on the availability of this case yet?

Yes, it should be available in approx 2 weeks.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(08-23-2018, 01:28 AM)Luke Wrote:
(08-22-2018, 08:00 PM)jsfrederick Wrote: Any update on the availability of this case yet?

Yes, it should be available in approx 2 weeks.

EXCELLENT! Thank you. I am ready to order 4.

I just saw that this case is in the Pine store and ordered 4!

Thanks to the Pine64 folks for bringing this to market.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New use case for my Pine64 S265 4 5,693 05-22-2020, 02:13 AM
Last Post: S265
  Constant high load freeloader 1 2,341 07-17-2018, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jbk