Discord Channel
Information 
For those who prefer Discord to IRC, a PINE64 Discord channel has been set up. Please note, this is a community chat (just as the IRC) and not an official support service. 

Discord Rock64 and Pine64 channels are linked to those in the IRC, so you can chat from either Discord or IRC and  messages will show up accordingly. 

At the time of writing, this is an experiment - and I'm not sure if the Discord channel is here to stay or not - let me know how you find it.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I like the discord channel... I run the client anyway for different gaming and social groups I'm in, so it was just a matter of adding the pine64 server. It would be nice though if the bot also relayed the discord username to the IRC. It is doing that for IRC -> Discord, but not for Discord <- IRC, so everyone using discord is currently "DiscordBot". 

Did I see you mention you were using the reactiflux bridge? If so, it looks like the bot 2, a so called "advanced example" has it set so that the IRC side is "<{$displayUsername}> {$text}" 

We could also look at a slack bridge if a certain user (not me) still grumbles about IRC instead of slack :-P
Displaying the users name works for IRC too... it just doesn't show in the IRC log (for whatever reason):
<DiscordBot> <lukasz> test

We could do slack too, sure. More than that one user would be happy about that. But really the reason we did Discord is because some key projects which we are engaged in use it as their prime chat (and also ... because I like it); and while I have no issue with adding a slack bridge, I also don't want to fracture the IRC channel.

(07-10-2018, 02:11 AM)Luke Wrote: Displaying the users name works for IRC too... it just doesn't show in the IRC log (for whatever reason):

We could do slack too, sure. More than that one user would be happy about that. But really the reason we did Discord is because some key projects which we are engaged in use it as their prime chat (and also ... because I like it); and while I have no issue with adding a slack bridge, I also don't want to fracture the IRC channel.

Ah, fair enough... I haven't had a client open since the discord bridge was added so thought wasn't doing it. Fair enough... thanks for checking that Luke Wink

I think the more 'bridges' that go in the more it feeds into the chat as anyone in the IRC then talks across the platforms, and anyone on the different platforms can talk across to the IRC. But I also don't want to make it so people move away from the IRC per se... although moving towards Discord instead wouldn't be a bad thing either... :-P
(07-10-2018, 02:53 AM)pfeerick Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 02:11 AM)Luke Wrote: Displaying the users name works for IRC too... it just doesn't show in the IRC log (for whatever reason):

Ah, fair enough... I haven't had a client open since the discord bridge was added so thought wasn't doing it. Fair enough... thanks for checking that Luke Wink

I think the more 'bridges' that go in the more it feeds into the chat as anyone in the IRC then talks across the platforms, and anyone on the different platforms can talk across to the IRC. But I also don't want to make it so people move away from the IRC per se... although moving towards Discord instead wouldn't be a bad thing either... :-P

If you know how to do the slack bridge thing then just let me know what you need access to. So I assume you'd have another bot in IRC (SlackingOffBot is what I strongly suggest) and then Discord would get msgs via: Slack -> IRC -> Discord?  Wouldn't that cause a situation where we'd have a msg that would look like this in Discord: Pine64Bot <SlackingOffBot> IRCnick contents of message ? that is just really messy ...

As a side-note, I too think Discord is great (I like how there is a in-built log, and how there are thumbnails for links, and how its easy to have it set-up across devices, etc.,) but I understand that many in the FOSS community feel diffrerently: https://twitter.com/charliebrownau/statu...0455814145
So I rather have the other chats as options and not as something we actively maintain ...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Telegram News Channel Luke 2 4,743 04-22-2021, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Daniel972
Information IRC and Discord Chat Restructure for 2019+ Luke 0 3,507 02-10-2019, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Luke
  IRC channel? wmat 21 28,341 05-01-2016, 09:01 AM
Last Post: clarkss12