OpenBSD on Pine64
https://www.openbsd.org/arm64.html
Just put in a BTO request for a Pinebook. I'm excited to give OpenBSD a try on ARM64, looks like a great combo of lightweight software and hardware.
Put in the BTO a few weeks ago myself. I believe the Pinebook is reasonably well supported in current?
Put in a BTO myself last week with the aim of running OpenBSD on the Pinebook. From the mailing list it seems to be well supported in current. Has anyone found a worthwhile guide?
Do y'all imagine that openBSD might work well on the PINEBOOK Pro as well? I'm looking to get myself an inexpensive laptop for personal use so that I can direct my existing computers towards various research projects, and I think that openBSD would be a very good choice of operating system.

If any of you have any thoughts, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

--Henry Wilson
(05-17-2019, 08:52 PM)Henry-Wilson Wrote: Do y'all imagine that openBSD might work well on the PINEBOOK Pro as well? I'm looking to get myself an inexpensive laptop for personal use so that I can direct my existing computers towards various research projects, and I think that openBSD would be a very good choice of operating system.

If any of you have any thoughts, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

--Henry Wilson

It will, the *BSD guys are working on porting to the RockPro64 ... so I am sure that at one point we'll see *BSD including OpenBSD on the Pinebook Pro
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Install OpenBSD 7.2 on Pine64+ (2Gb) pierrep 2 1,584 03-29-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: tpaul
  FreeBSD on pine64 e-minguez 12 22,695 06-04-2019, 07:44 AM
Last Post: rob933a