Stock Android Oreo 8.1 release
(06-27-2018, 10:34 AM)dkryder Wrote: play store did not work for me. error message states the play store app installed with the build was not compatible with the device. error message states to uninstall updates however that option is not present. tried updating to newer play store but that did not work.  also, the security update is as of feb 2018. for a build compiled on what looks like last week.

ya, playstore and trying to update it failed for me too. also still hate this sudo-atv gui. needs stock gui and working app store. after 6 months of waiting for an update, i expected better. get it together guys!
looks like the playstore engine is active as selecting a APK in filemanager will install a app from USB thumbdrive but you need to go in mouse mode on the remote to get to the "install" button.
(06-27-2018, 10:34 AM)dkryder Wrote: play store did not work for me. error message states the play store app installed with the build was not compatible with the device. error message states to uninstall updates however that option is not present. tried updating to newer play store but that did not work.  also, the security update is as of feb 2018. for a build compiled on what looks like last week.

Yes the play store is not working.

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=4879&page=5

I hope that I bring at least uhd movies to work because this is the main focus for me.

I will report if the system fulfills its purposes with me.
(06-26-2018, 01:07 AM)roberthr Wrote: Will there also be Android TV image?

I hope Android TV with root access too ... because rock64 is not recognized as an official device. It's been around 1 years that I'd like to edit the build.prop to make rock look like a nvidia shield but no way to root...

Warning: I know that there is another version of android, which it is root but it does not suit me because I use my rock64 with a remote control and not keyboard/mouse, the TV version is more userfriendly.

I've contacted Ayufan several times but... ghost.
Just thought I would post a few issues I was having.

Basic Info:

Rock64 4GB version connected to a 4k Samsung TV

issue 1: Playstore isn't working (will it in the future? is that a fresh install or an update?)

issue 2: Won't allow me to log in with an account

issue 3: some apps don't fill the whole screen others do

issue 4: I have to turn my sound up to 100 to hear anything. Is this a sound driver issue? I verified it's not my TV or Sound Bar

Thank you for all the hard work you guys put into this. I just thought I would let you know in case there is a fix I am missing
(06-29-2018, 03:41 PM)totalgaara Wrote:

I hope Android TV with root access too ... because rock64 is not recognized as an official device. It's been around 1 years that I'd like to edit the build.prop to make rock look like a nvidia shield but no way to root...

Warning: I know that there is another version of android, which it is root but it does not suit me because I use my rock64 with a remote control and not keyboard/mouse, the TV version is more userfriendly.

You don't know it , many cheap china Android tv box is no official device recognized .  and around more than 1 years not any update .

So why i said people alway not enough , just  released Android 8.1 , quickly to want need android tv  because this is not normal .  

only pine64 can do it . [Image: biggrin.png]
If I am wrong please correct my content , thank !

1. Use Pine64 Running Ubuntu 16.04 Web Server ( LAMP )

2. Use Pine64 Running Official Android 6  for Media player
3. Use Pine64 Running Volumio Digital Audio Player

(06-29-2018, 07:30 PM)joe Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 03:41 PM)totalgaara Wrote:

You don't know it , many cheap china Android tv box is no official device recognized .  and around more than 1 years not any update .

So why i said people alway not enough , just  released Android 8.1 , quickly to want need android tv  because this is not normal .  

only pine64 can do it . [Image: biggrin.png]

I did not say that it was absolutely necessary to make the version of android TV as quickly as possible, just to think of being able to root it when it will be available.

Version 7.1 Android TV is not possible
7.1 stock (not android tv), it is pre-rooted so why isn't Android TV?.

In the end my Rock64 hangs on a corner because I only use it with VLC, which I really find too bad. (I also installed Netflix (sideload) smartphone version but the navigation is really awful)
(06-29-2018, 04:52 PM)thead Wrote: Just thought I would post a few issues I was having.  

Basic Info:

Rock64 4GB version connected to a 4k Samsung TV

issue 1:  Playstore isn't working (will it in the future?  is that a fresh install or an update?)

issue 2:  Won't allow me to log in with an account

issue 3:  some apps don't fill the whole screen others do

issue 4:  I have to turn my sound up to 100 to hear anything.  Is this a sound driver issue?  I verified it's not my TV or Sound Bar

Thank you for all the hard work you guys put into this.  I just thought I would let you know in case there is a fix I am missing

1. The atv playstore of apkmirror works. There you can also add your google account and it will automatically be transferred to the android system.

2. see 1.

3. test the zoom function in the hdmi settings. But I am not completely satisfied with that.

4. in the sound settings you have to put the source on hdmi then the sound is normal.

Unfortunately, I did not get liquid 4k playback in this system. if someone has tips I would be grateful.
(06-24-2018, 04:47 PM)tllim Wrote: The ROCK64 stock version Android Oreo ver 8,1 for microSD boot just released and here is the PINE64 wiki site download link: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/ROCK64_...ndroid_8.x

Here is the ROCK64 stock version Android Oreo ver 8,1 for eMMC  boot download link: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/ROCK64_...d_8.x_eMMC

The ROCK64 Android Oreo ver8.1 SDK currently unloading to file server. However, this is a 67GB file and will takes some time on file uploading.

Please tell me how to upgrade my Rock64 with file XZ. Thanks
(07-04-2018, 12:50 AM)dhruan Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 04:47 PM)tllim Wrote: The ROCK64 stock version Android Oreo ver 8,1 for microSD boot just released and here is the PINE64 wiki site download link: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/ROCK64_...ndroid_8.x

Here is the ROCK64 stock version Android Oreo ver 8,1 for eMMC  boot download link: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/ROCK64_...d_8.x_eMMC

The ROCK64 Android Oreo ver8.1 SDK currently unloading to file server. However, this is a 67GB file and will takes some time on file uploading.
Please tell me how to upgrade my Rock64 with file XZ. Thanks

Luke already answered this question in the thread you made, no reason to ask in multiple threads.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rock64 Android Oreo 8.1 TV-Install adventures (Now Android 9.0) Rocklobster 5 5,101 08-04-2021, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Rocklobster
  How do I prepare/put Android on an SD card using etcher cdotsubo3000 3 5,906 06-27-2021, 02:43 PM
Last Post: clach04
  Android and SD Card gigagames 2 4,475 06-27-2021, 02:38 PM
Last Post: clach04
  Android Images (ROCK64) pineadmin 73 166,807 05-04-2021, 01:58 AM
Last Post: zet_lab
  Android 9.0 and Pluto on Rock64-1G missdeenola 1 3,943 03-12-2021, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Wizzard
  broken android microsd images jbach50 1 3,428 01-16-2021, 09:57 PM
Last Post: jimsurvak
  Android on Rock64 SD Problem ElBoluTony 3 5,885 10-07-2020, 12:10 PM
Last Post: ElBoluTony
  Error! Android Rockchip tools method BowerR64 0 2,528 09-18-2020, 08:12 PM
Last Post: BowerR64
Lightbulb Any older versions of Android for the Rock64? BowerR64 2 4,638 09-18-2020, 07:58 PM
  Can't boot android 9 on rock64 maks2204 5 8,628 09-09-2020, 08:44 AM