Love the Pine!
Thumbs Up 
Hi guys, 

KS backer here, my 2GB board arrived on Saturday and I've been playing with it (as time allows!) since. 

Muchos thanks to longsleep for his tireless work on the ubuntu build, it works great and I've had a lot of fun with it alongside my pi2 (i dont have a pi3 yet) 

So far I'm really happy with it. I have seen some people complaining about various things and being quite impatient. 
I was also an early adopter for the original pi (so i have seen this complaining before) 

The community takes take to build up, but it seems we have some VERY helpful people here, and I'm very much thankful for them.

I have got Minecraft (Spigot) running on my pine, so far tested with 2 people and it runs beautifully!

If anyone would like a howto, or maybe a video of how to set something up, please ask and I'll try to oblige.
(04-12-2016, 02:28 AM)damikeh Wrote: Hi guys, 

KS backer here, my 2GB board arrived on Saturday and I've been playing with it (as time allows!) since. 

Muchos thanks to longsleep for his tireless work on the ubuntu build, it works great and I've had a lot of fun with it alongside my pi2 (i dont have a pi3 yet) 

So far I'm really happy with it. I have seen some people complaining about various things and being quite impatient. 
I was also an early adopter for the original pi (so i have seen this complaining before) 

The community takes take to build up, but it seems we have some VERY helpful people here, and I'm very much thankful for them.

I have got Minecraft (Spigot) running on my pine, so far tested with 2 people and it runs beautifully!

If anyone would like a howto, or maybe a video of how to set something up, please ask and I'll try to oblige.

Appreciate and thanks on your assistance.
... TL

It would be great to have a link to a guide or an outline of the steps you took to get your Ubuntu install up and and running!  I know I for one would very much appreciate it.

(full disclosure: I actually have longsleep's post open in another tab, just haven't gotten around to trying it yet - been playing with Remix for the nonce)
(04-12-2016, 06:38 AM)samandiriel Wrote:

It would be great to have a link to a guide or an outline of the steps you took to get your Ubuntu install up and and running!  I know I for one would very much appreciate it.

(full disclosure: I actually have longsleep's post open in another tab, just haven't gotten around to trying it yet - been playing with Remix for the nonce)

Hi there, 

Certainly, I'm at work at the moment, so cant take any screenshots etc - but If i get some tonight then I'll try to put together some steps/screenies to aid other users.

HTH
dm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PINE A64 SBC: Clone of a functional 32GB SD card doesn't boot burningkrome 3 1,505 05-19-2023, 07:43 AM
Last Post: crocspot
  PINE A64 Ubuntu 18 or 20 IMG with touchscreen? burningkrome 0 552 04-29-2023, 05:13 AM
Last Post: burningkrome
  Pine A64 does only boot with Android 5.1 Dude 6 3,773 07-03-2022, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Dude
  Pine A64+ vs LCD do not boot DDS 3 5,862 02-23-2021, 05:33 PM
Last Post: thedu
  Autodetect if Pine unit is a Pine A64+ or PineA64-LTS pkfpeters 1 3,250 02-09-2021, 12:17 AM
Last Post: tllim
  Pine 64 | 2GB x2 & Acrylic Cases x2 for Sale | Canada - GTA ViperVi 1 4,420 01-18-2021, 03:45 PM
Last Post: squidius
  sd format?for pine 64 angegardien 3 7,617 12-06-2020, 03:53 PM
Last Post: junkyj753
  Node Red on the Pine DonFL 0 2,732 12-16-2019, 04:21 PM
Last Post: DonFL
Photo Pine A64+ from Kick starter running Pi-Hole netHolio 0 3,203 12-02-2019, 09:36 PM
Last Post: netHolio
  NetBSD for Pine A64(+) Luke 3 6,618 10-05-2019, 11:04 PM
Last Post: mrgtwentythree