Support for Windows IoT Core?
Hi Team;

I'd love to see RockPro64 to be part the following list of boards supported by Windows IoT Core.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...typeboards

As this board is much more Superior than the rest. Is there any plan for Pine64 to make this board as a certified Windows IoT Core board?

Thanks !
..Ben
spend some time researching what pine64 did with the original pine64 board and win10 IoT. a total failure. since then pine64 company has emphasized that software comes from the community. although pine64/allwinner have released android builds for new boards and new releases of android itself for existing boards, except for oreo which pine64 has promised and then continually delayed, last i read it was due out in may after originally stated as due in march. my guess is there are no resources available either from allwinner and surely not pine64 to do a win10 IoT for rock64pro and any hope would come from a community dev whom had the ability. but based on past experience it is entirely possible that pine64 would float idea of rock64pro win10 IoT in order to sell more boards.
(06-06-2018, 02:55 PM)dkryder Wrote: spend some time researching what pine64 did with the original pine64 board and win10 IoT. a total failure. since then pine64 company has emphasized that software comes from the community.  although pine64/allwinner have released android builds for new boards and new releases of android itself for existing boards, except for oreo which pine64 has promised and then continually delayed, last i read it was due out in may after originally stated as due in march. my guess is there are no resources available either from allwinner and surely not pine64 to do a win10 IoT for rock64pro and any hope would come from a community dev whom had the ability. but based on past experience it is entirely possible that pine64 would float idea of rock64pro win10 IoT in order to sell more boards.

I'm not surprised of Windows 10 IoT failure. I've been around MSFT since they started and know their culture of screwing up a lot. But now, MSFT is pushing AI into the Azure market and these boards are great end points for local processing, i.e. image processing or voice processing and etc. before uploading data to cloud.
Because of that market, MSFT is now investing a seamless development cycle within VS17 that makes programming the board super easy and to get the MASSES develop apps for them.

Currently they support a handful of boards as starter kit, but I think RockPro64 deserves to be used for production due to it's specs and price. And MSFT with it's marketing power, is opening this gate for mass developers.

So, I'm hoping Pine64 is not giving up on Windows 10 IoT Core, as it could be a huge market for them, once people see RPi3 is a toy compared to RockPro64.
based on past history and the statement by pine64 that it is not interested in software development only hardware and that software comes from community except to have something, android, available at board release so there is at least something to run on the board either from mostly rockchip or allwinner depending on board the probability to have pine64 seriously get into win10 IoT development is near zero. about the only reason they would even suggest it is to attempt to sell more boards with no real interest in following through. if you want win10 IoT on the rock64pro you should forget about pine64 doing it and instead start a campaign to get it done perhaps via crowdfunding it. of course that would take a bit more effort on your part to find people capable and interested in doing it but your chances of getting it actually done would be much greater than entering a few posts in this forum seeking pine64 to do it. pine64 is not going to do it. they do not have the resources nor the interest.
just a quick edit to say that if you do put together a team to bring win10 IoT to rock64pro that most likely pine64 will provide hardware support for the project and if a viable o/s is created pine64 may even contribute to the crowdfunding campaign. they are very good in that respect.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mainline U-Boot with SPI, NVMe and SATA boot support sigmaris 108 116,603 09-25-2023, 12:46 AM
Last Post: ChriChri
  Support says "regulator" on the SBC burned out; how to fix? dmos 0 873 06-02-2022, 02:20 AM
Last Post: dmos
  Camera sensor support on MIPI lines abhimanyu_gr 0 1,679 01-22-2021, 09:23 AM
Last Post: abhimanyu_gr
  USB Type-C Display cable support (for 2 in 1: Video + Power) Paprika88 0 2,362 02-12-2020, 06:47 AM
Last Post: Paprika88
  rockpro64 support in the rockchip uboot dedoz 0 2,133 01-13-2020, 01:51 PM
Last Post: dedoz
  Vulkan support with rockpro64 rahulsharma 2 4,950 08-21-2019, 10:34 PM
Last Post: rahulsharma
  SPI support in GPIO mr_rabbit 2 4,178 07-21-2019, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Wom the Bat
  Camera support for linux image in rockpro64 rahulsharma 1 2,945 01-26-2019, 09:48 AM
Last Post: anykey
  Review/Advice for new board owner (support,purchase etc) tinkerdan 8 9,794 12-24-2018, 10:07 PM
Last Post: celer
  Windows 10 on ARM Firesped 3 8,211 09-04-2018, 05:44 AM
Last Post: nifares